Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Santa Fe Limited infotainment screen freeze. The radio works, the volume works but the blue link screen keeps trying to load the program and stays like that. I already visited the dealer and they said I need a new infotainment system for $2,900 dollars!!! Has anyone experience the same issue? Any recommedations?

Fuses were disconnected and reconnected, problem not resolved.Car Battery was disconnected and then reconnected, problem not resolved.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ours will freeze occasionally at the "agree" screen. The touch screen doesn't work, but all other aspects do. The small reset button will work for us, but then we have to reprogram all the stations. On ours, shutting the car off and not opening the doors and letting the system power down on it's own with it's timer will also work. I would think you are at a point of having to use the reset button. We had our head unit replaced under warranty when it first started doing this, the new one still does it, just not as much. It's a 2014 GLS. If the reset button doesn't work, you might be stuck having to replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My response is the same as mogleybear; I have a 2014 Santa Fe Limited. I had my head unit replaced under warranty, it would not get past the blu link screen, rebooting itself every 10 minutes or so to reset. The newer unit just does it once in a while. I get in and out or the car briefly and turn it off, it can occasionally be a problem. When the car sits for a while (the system powers down completely) there are no issues and it works fine. We tried the reset button, and that didn't work.
You would think this would be a big deal, since the cost is way up there for replacement. I have the 10-year warranty, so I still have some time left. Additionally, I've done all of the mapnsoft updates (except for the last one) and that doesn't fix it, either. I was hoping the firmware update would take care of it. I wish I could tell you more. For an item like this, they should fix it. I was surprised to see this mentioned, as I thought I was the only one. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts