Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Santa Fe Sport with 36,000 km that I have owned since new. Back in April, when I put my foot on the brake, it was lunging. I took it in to my local dealer and of course nothing coded on a diagnostic. They could feel the lunging but said nothing showing. My thing was this is not normal and it was lunging quite bad. I explained years ago we had a Ford doing that and they had to dump the computer and reload. They did this and it stopped the lunging. Since then, I have a very rough idle which sometimes has me putting the vehicle in neutral when at a red light. It only occurs after the vehicle is warmed up, but one thing I noticed is when the air conditioning is on, the normal draw down on the motor has gotten a lot worse. I took it in to dealer yesterday as it was due for inspection and they advised like the first time when it was lunging, nothing showed in the diagnostic codes. The service manager, said this is normal, though I have owned this vehicle since new and never had this issue, then said it was the weather, then said maybe when they re-coded the computer it was a different update. What I got from all of this is that they have no clue. When the air conditioning is on, the idle has gotten so rough you almost think it is going to stall out, so I put it in neutral to try and lesson the load. Something is not right....any ideas??

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
193 Posts
Seem you may have problem with the throttle body actuator. And after the "reflash" they have done, the idle relearn procedure was not done or it failed causing the low idle. Or some kind of leak or problem with the intake/vacuum.

You should go see another dealer for a good diagnostic, real techs doesnt rely only on codes to find problems...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seem you may have problem with the throttle body actuator. And after the "reflash" they have done, the idle relearn procedure was not done or it failed causing the low idle. Or some kind of leak or problem with the intake/vacuum.

You should go see another dealer for a good diagnostic, real techs doesnt rely only on codes to find problems...
Thank you, I have driven this vehicle since new, and it only started doing it after the lunging and the update. Telling me it is normal or maybe the heat was laughable. I will be pursuing your suggestions. Again, thank you and have an awesome day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you able to browse this forum subject and see if sounds similar to your experience? I regret to say that no solution or idea has been found..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you able to browse this forum subject and see if sounds similar to your experience? I regret to say that no solution or idea has been found..
Thank you, it is the exact same thing. My lunging stopped when I got them to dump the codes and do a reload but I am left with a rough idle that they cannot diagnose because no code coming up. No code came up on the lunging either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts