Hyundai Forums banner

2015 Santa Fe Sport Liftgate Magically Opens

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MikeFlowers 
#1 ·
This has been happening off and on for about 2 months, but the power liftgate will magically open on its own. This has happened at work and home in the garage, and today when I parked at Publix. Power Open is on. Smart Open (activate when standing behind) is off. Like everybody else, I thought I was hitting the fob and opening the liftgate. In the last week, at least 3 times at home, the liftgate opened while the 1 fob with a battery in it was laying face up on a counter 15 ft away.

I wonder if the battery in the fob could be dying and sending random signals. Yesterday I got in the car, fob in my pocket, and the key wasn't recognized to start the car. I pulled the fob out and held it next to the steering wheel and it was recognized and the car started. The fob has been starting the car from my pocket since. I don't know what the lifespan of a fob battery are, or signs it's time to replace.

#3 ·
As a rule, I put new batteries in Copper Tops keys every 2 years.

Terrain got its first change last year.. those are just regular fobs.

F150 keys also got them but the range is horrible.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.