Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a 2015 santa fe limited ultimate that has the infinity sound system, a backup camera, the navigation system, xm and bluetooth. I am disappointed however to find out that I am unable to update my unit to utilize apple carplay and android auto. I am told that my vehicle was made earlier in 2015 and the compatible units for carplay and android auto were later in 2015.

My question is would it be possible to find a later model headunit that is compatible with carplay/android auto and swap them out?

thank you in advance!

Denny

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I see the head units sold on E-bay or with today's junkyards, they can find anything. If you are going that way... get a different replacement head unit that will fit.

That way you can use the in dash GPS without plugging in your phone. Apple play or AA will not let your phone do a lot when plugged in.
If you replace with OEM, the maps updates are $170.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to keep the radio stock since the car has all the bells and whistles (minus AA and carplay) and I dont want to mess with that.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You can buy a refurb - $900 to $1000

I would get a phone holder and go WAZE That shows traffic even on sides streets if others on those streets are using WAZE.

Just got stuck in traffic on major road, turned on WAZE. It showed the side roads we were going on with traffic, but it was very short spot against more then a mile of standstill traffic.

The other two are just too bland for me. Waze is way better. Traffic alerts and other stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts