Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this. Does this car have Remote Start? I saw Hyundai offered a remote you can buy for it that made it remote start. Am I correct saying that the blue link does not have any features in this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Just bought this. Does this car have Remote Start? I saw Hyundai offered a remote you can buy for it that made it remote start. Am I correct saying that the blue link does not have any features in this year?

I'd think if you have Bluelink it should have remote start (but you'll have to pay for 2 subscriptions to BlueLink. One for the "base" option and the other for the remote start abilities).

The 2014 SFS (the shorter version) with Bluelink has remote start, I know that.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There is a dealer Remote Start, basically a remote start from a quality company the dealer installs. I believe it is on a different FOB. Unless you have the very basic model, all 2015 came with Blue Link. I'll assume you did not buy from a Hyundai dealer. You can call Hyundai and give them your VIN, they will gladly sell you the $90 per item (blue link connect and blue link remote) So $180 per year, every year. If your car insurance is high, this can reduce it as the car as it can be made to go into LIMP mode via Blue Link and the police or tell the police the location of the car (within reason).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a dealer Remote Start, basically a remote start from a quality company the dealer installs. I believe it is on a different FOB. Unless you have the very basic model, all 2015 came with Blue Link. I'll assume you did not buy from a Hyundai dealer. You can call Hyundai and give them your VIN, they will gladly sell you the $90 per item (blue link connect and blue link remote) So $180 per year, every year. If your car insurance is high, this can reduce it as the car as it can be made to go into LIMP mode via Blue Link and the police or tell the police the location of the car (within reason).

Dang! $180! I though you could just pick 1 package.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
They just upped the price to $99 a year. You would think they would be dropping it a bit with all the other technology available. The Guidance package is basically any cell phone with Google. You can tap where you are looking to go into your GPS screen, but you can talk the name into any cell phone these days (or Siri) .

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Dang! $180! I though you could just pick 1 package.

Unfortunately, no such luck. No ala carte with bluelink.
They do have a monthly option though.
Get it for only the winter months and then discontinue it.
By most accounts, they will not "deal" with you like Sirius/XM. I think the *best* deal I've gotten was 20% off when threatening to drop service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts