Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I've a problem with speedometer trip computer screen. Most of the screen goes black and only gear shift level part seems working. This problem happens time to time like once every 1-2 months. When this happens only gear shift level part is working. Pressing steering wheel mode button or trip button do nothing. I have to stop the engine and run it again to get whole screen back. At first this was happening when i start the car but in last 2 months it happened while i'm driving.

I'm the first owner of the car. I bought it brand new back in 2016.

i can not add youtube links but if you can search as "2015 Hyundai i30 (Elentra GT) trip computer screen fail" i uploaded 2 videos. I recorded one of them in June 2018 and the other one yesterday.

watch?v=B9Jl7ylR7-M
watch?v=UXX3mh5xlM4

i wonder if anyone else has ever faced this problem?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
There are at least two modules that work together for the display. The problem could be in the IPS cluster module the MICOM which is the main processor and handles the communication between the modules or in the CAN data line. Call the dealer and see if that is under warranty. This requires a factory scan tool or equivalent to diagnose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dash cluster issue is a known problem on the i30/Touring models. I own a 2012 which I purchased new and have had the dash cluster replaced 4 times, with a 5th replacement scheduled after Hyundai FINALLY launched a recall campaign for the malfunctioning part. There's an additional thread here concerning the dash cluster issue.

When my previous dash clusters failed, they all started out suffering from only intermittent fading but then progressed to the point that none of the blue LCD output (gear, trip and odometer) would display fully resulting in near blackout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts