Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I not doing something right -- or does this model not support the Blue Link temperature control remote start setting?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the blue link app in case it was an older version. I can remote start the vehicle, but I receive no option to set the desired temperature, etc. Thinking the car would use the last temperature set, I left the heat on last night at 70 degrees and turned the car off. When I got in the car this morning, it was still ice cold. Warming the car is really the whole point of the remote start, IMO. Please help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Once the engine gets up to temperature, your heat doesn't take nearly as long to come up to temperature, so I wouldn't necessary imply that it's useless to remote start even if you're not able to have your heat blowing hot air when you get in the car. You should be able to start the car and let it run for a few minutes and get in and instantly turn the hot air on.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The 2015 model year does not provide remote HVAC temperature or mode setting. My wife's 2017 does. I do not know about the 2016 model year.

The HVAC should come on at the last used setting during a remote start. Heated seats will NOT turn on. Remember that with the engine operating at idle and no load it will take some time for actual heat to be generated and distributed. How long depends on the outside air temperature. These fuel efficient engines do not generate the same amount of heat, especially at idle, as older vehicles.

Even if the cabin is still cool when you get in heat will still be available much faster than if you were to get inside and cold start it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The 2015 model year does not provide remote HVAC temperature or mode setting. My wife's 2017 does. I do not know about the 2016 model year.

The HVAC should come on at the last used setting during a remote start. Heated seats will NOT turn on. Remember that with the engine operating at idle and no load it will take some time for actual heat to be generated and distributed. How long depends on the outside air temperature. These fuel efficient engines do not generate the same amount of heat, especially at idle, as older vehicles.

Even if the cabin is still cool when you get in heat will still be available much faster than if you were to get inside and cold start it.
That's what I was trying to say, but you made the point more eloquently.

...without mentioning GM. :grin2: Haha!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Gm :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts