Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ran a diagnostic test on the car and got a body control module fault. The said a wire is probably broken or the BCM is damaged. Can this problem cause the car to crank but don't start ?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
We ran a diagnostic test on the car and got a body control module fault. The said a wire is probably broken or the BCM is damaged. Can this problem cause the car to crank but don't start ?
Did he give you an invoice? I hope he put the actual code on it. Broken wire or bad module sounds like 'Bubba's on the top of his code reading game.

Got the code?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did he give you an invoice? I hope he put the actual code on it. Broken wire or bad module sounds like 'Bubba's on the top of his code reading game.

Got the code?
The code he give me is B1210. Which is a front left sensor fault. The car was involved in a minor accident and got damage on the left side. The damage was repaired and the car was driving perfectly well until now. So one of the guy suspect it's a broken wire or damaged sensor. Any help on here will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have your checked the sensor and it's wiring?
yes, another guy check the sensor and wiring. The connection was slack and that prevented the mirrors from opening automatically when I use the key fob. The guy that check the BCM said that a damaged BCM sensor shouldn't prevent the car from starting. The immobiliser light keeps blinking during crank.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
yes, another guy check the sensor and wiring. The connection was slack and that prevented the mirrors from opening automatically when I use the key fob. The guy that check the BCM said that a damaged BCM sensor shouldn't prevent the car from starting. The immobiliser light keeps blinking during crank.
Do you have another key?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have another key?
No I don't have another key. Should I buy another key from the dealers ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,425 Posts
This is the car that allegedly got a new immobilizer recently....car cranks but doesnt start

I assume this means the engine PCM was replaced, since the immobilizer is a function of the PCM?
Does the immobilizer light flash when you first switch the ignition on, or only during crank?
Was the immobilizer light flashing before you had the immobilizer replaced?
Immobilizer faults that cause the warning light to flash should log a code in the PCM. What code is logged?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the car that allegedly got a new immobilizer recently....car cranks but doesnt start

I assume this means the engine PCM was replaced, since the immobilizer is a function of the PCM?
Does the immobilizer light flash when you first switch the ignition on, or only during crank?
Was the immobilizer light flashing before you had the immobilizer replaced?
Immobilizer faults that cause the warning light to flash should log a code in the PCM. What code is logged?
The first guy that ran the dianostic test said the immobilizer is bad, so i got auto locksmith and he ran a diagnostic test and said the immobilizer is good. So I continue using the original immobilizer. When I switch the ignition on the immobilizer light flashs 5 times and then goes off. Then it start flashing again during crank. B110200 battery low voltage, B152700 passenger airbag on/off switch open or short to battery, B250000 warning lamp failure and B121000 front left sensor fault. The codes that showed up. The locksmith said something is blocking him from reprogramming.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Those trouble codes have nothing to do with the immobilizer. The immobilizer is built into the engine ECM. You need to scan the engine ECM to read the immobilizer trouble code.

I assume your airbag warning light is constantly on too, or has someone disabled it causing code B250000 to be logged?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those trouble codes have nothing to do with the immobilizer. The immobilizer is built into the engine ECM. You need to scan the engine ECM to read the immobilizer trouble code.

I assume your airbag warning light is constantly on too, or has someone disabled it causing code B250000 to be logged?
Right the locksmith said the immobilizer is good. The B121000 is a crash sensor code and the other guy said that shouldn't prevent the car from starting.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
B121000 relates to the front left parking sensor according to my information. That's not a crash sensor. Crash sensors are part of the SRS/airbag system.

Regardless of what sensor it actually relates to, it shouldn't prevent the engine from starting.
The immobilizer light flashing 5 times means there is a fault with the immobilizer system. That's why the engine won't start. You need to have the trouble code read to get a clue about what the problem might be. The immobilizer is a function of the engine PCM, so that's where the code should be logged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
B121000 relates to the front left parking sensor according to my information. That's not a crash sensor. Crash sensors are part of the SRS/airbag system.

Regardless of what sensor it actually relates to, it shouldn't prevent the engine from starting.
The immobilizer light flashing 5 times means there is a fault with the immobilizer system. That's why the engine won't start. You need to have the trouble code read to get a clue about what the problem might be. The immobilizer is a function of the engine PCM, so that's where the code should be logged.
The guy did a scan and he said he's not getting an immobilizer fault code.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Yes, the immobilizer light flashes 5 times to indicate there is a fault with the system. I'll never start until you get the fault fixed, and that will most likely need to be a dealer repair.

I see your car is RHD. Are you located in the UK? If so, is there any reason why the immobilizer fault wouldn't be covered by the manufacturer's 5 year/unlimited mileage warranty?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, the immobilizer light flashes 5 times to indicate there is a fault with the system. I'll never start until you get the fault fixed, and that will most likely need to be a dealer repair.

I see your car is RHD. Are you located in the UK? If so, is there any reason why the immobilizer fault wouldn't be covered by the manufacturer's 5 year/unlimited mileage warranty?
I bought the car from someone in the and got it shipped to another country where I'm located, my friend said as long as the car isn't in the UK anymore that the warranty won't be covered anymore.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts