Hyundai Forums banner

2015 Hyundai Genesis Revealed!!

19K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  Ruperts Trooper 
#1 ·
Looks like someone finally got the Genesis out of those covers!

See less See more
#11 ·
Please, PLEASE don't post any pics of a white Gen Coupe for 2015. I'm getting antsy, just thinking about it! No help from you guys is requested, encouraged, or otherwise solicited. LOL Leave me out of this loop! :laughing:

#14 ·
OMGoogness! You nailed it on the head O.R.! Would like to get the wife one. However this sedan is pretty sexy. The grille styling is a little rough for me to adjust to compared to the current one, but I'm sure I will get over it soon.

Oh wait! I'm over it! LOL! Hyundai is really knocking it out of the park.

#15 ·

Hyundai is hoping to sell more of its rear-wheel drive premium sedans; many more.

The South Korean brand unveiled its second-generation premium sedan today, announcing a wider range of engines, more space and a plan to sell in new markets. The company says it sold about 250,000 units over the course of its six-year sales life, representing an average just over 41,666 per year. Now the company is aiming to increase that annual volume by almost half, targeting 62,000 annual global sales.

Its strategy? There are plenty of parts to the plan, but more engines and available all-wheel drive will play a pivotal role in making that possible.

It uses an electronic torque split system to divide power between the front and rear wheels variably depending on which mode is selected. “Normal” mode is geared toward comfort, while “Sport” mode sends more torque to the rear wheels. The car also gets a new multi-link rear suspension.

Rather than the current 3.8-liter V6 and 5.0-liter V8, Hyundai is also adding a 3.0- and 3.3-liter V6 to the line, all of which are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. While Hyundai said today that it will build the new Genesis with four engines, the sedan won’t be universally marketed with its full range of powertrains, and the company didn’t specify which engines would reach North America. Presumably the same 3.8 and 5.0-liter options will remain, but it isn’t clear if the smaller versions will be offered. The “Tau” 5.0-liter V8 still makes 420 hp while the 3.8-liter V6 offers 311.

As the photo shows, the Genesis will arrive wearing a new corporate style that Hyundai calls “Fluidic Sculpture 2.0,” a progression on the fluidic design seen on its other vehicles. Not only does it come with the new design language, but Hyundai increased the wheelbase by almost three inches to improve cabin space over the previous model – best-in-class according to the company.

Hyundai says NVH levels have been reduced over the previous model and materials improved. Aluminum and real woodgrain are integrated into the center console, and the front buckets seats are built with a denser pad material. A head-up display works in conjunction with the car’s blind spot monitoring system.
See more 2015 Hyundai Genesis photos at AutoGuide.com

#23 ·
I find that front grill completely hideous. They should be able to come up with something better than that. That rear quarter panel and the back in general is really boxy looking. Did they only have rulers to design this?

Just seems that different people designed the front and the back.

#24 ·
Wow, this is a beautiful car. Hopefully it doesn't sell and you can get $10K+ off it like the current Genesis! I might replace my Sonata with one in 16 months when the lease is up!

#27 ·
sorry Hyundai Genesis Engineers, but I don't get it!
I own a 2009 Genesis sedan, bought it based on neat looks.

just seen the 2015 Genesis, it looks like a Mazdaa?
seems that Hyundai wanted to differentiate, the Genesis from Equis?

However, Genesis lost it's upscale appeal!
very disappointing!

#28 · (Edited)
You sound like someone in denial. The '15 Genesis is 10x better than the previous generation, as it should. This thing will help make Hyundai serious with people who have money. The previous Genesis did not scream upscale, especially the interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.