Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

I changed the valve cover gasket on my wife's 2015 GT. To do so, had to remove the high pressure fuel pump. I "thought" I needed to take the fuel supply line AND the low pressure rubber hose off of it. Turns out I only needed to do the B-nut for the metal tube, however, that didn't stop me from yanking on the rubber quick disconnect hose fitting.

I don't remember what it used to look like, but I think that the gray plastic insert on the inside of the hose-end came out as I was pulling on it?

Request Please: Could someone confirm or take a picture of what theirs looks like? When you pop the hood, its on the back right of the engine case, just above spark plug #4. Also, any help on what tool I should use to cram this clip back into the hose end if that's the case, or know if it requires a replacement clip? Thanks in advance!

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
A lesson here. Had you taken pictures of what you were working on before taking it apart you'd be good. I use my camera on the job a lot. That's a plastic clip. Should be able to find it I would think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lesson here. Had you taken pictures of what you were working on before taking it apart you'd be good. I use my camera on the job a lot. That's a plastic clip. Should be able to find it I would think.
Hello. Do you have an Elantra GT and can take a quick snapshot of what yours looks like? Are you able to confirm that it is in fact popping out from the tube and needs to be pushed back inside the hose-end?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe this to be a spring loaded quick disconnect line, but I am not positive and a helpful comment would be verifying theirs is also a spring-loaded type of connector, vs the kind where you need the round tool to remove it. As we know, fuel lines are nothing to joke about near a hot engine bay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update for anyone that ever sees this post. You can ignore grcauto's comment because it was completely useless, arrogant, and unresponsive to follow-up. Basically he is here to troll it would seem based on him being reported for useless comments in the past.

For those that may replace their GDI pump in the future, if you see this clip it is in fact a spring loaded fuel line.Most of the youtube videos out there show a different security clip that is orange. not sure when they made the change over. I used two thin flatblade screwdrivers to push the gray clip back until it released the security prongs in the fitting.Was able to confirm it's in good working order and re-attached with a nice satisfying "click" when pushing line back onto GDI pump.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Update for anyone that ever sees this post. You can ignore grcauto's comment because it was completely useless, arrogant, and unresponsive to follow-up. Basically he is here to troll it would seem based on him being reported for useless comments in the past.

For those that may replace their GDI pump in the future, if you see this clip it is in fact a spring loaded fuel line.Most of the youtube videos out there show a different security clip that is orange. not sure when they made the change over. I used two thin flatblade screwdrivers to push the gray clip back until it released the security prongs in the fitting.Was able to confirm it's in good working order and re-attached with a nice satisfying "click" when pushing line back onto GDI pump.
So the fix was to push it in. Nice job.
Glad I could help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts