Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just informed my 2015 elantra's engine went.i gad some knocking in the engine which is a 1.8 immediately took it to Hyundai. They told me the engine is gone.now i am waiting word if it is going to be covered. It has 68k and never a problem until now..no oil leaks ..jept ip with the changes..checked oil fsithfully..i have a bad vibe that they are not going to cover this..any body ekse similar with this problem?

·
Registered
231 Posts
So i was just informed my 2015 elantra's engine went.i gad some knocking in the engine which is a 1.8 immediately took it to Hyundai. They told me the engine is gone.now i am waiting word if it is going to be covered. It has 68k and never a problem until now..no oil leaks ..jept ip with the changes..checked oil fsithfully..i have a bad vibe that they are not going to cover this..any body ekse similar with this problem?
Well, did you hear anything yet?

These Hyundais are so well known for blowing motors. My dealership told me they usually don't even ask questions, they just replace them. They check for sludge first, and if no sludge, no questions asked. You'll probably be fine unless you have a terrible service department in your dealership that tries to rip you off. I talked to a couple of the service techs, they said they've even covered tuned and modded cars. It's a known issue and most of the time they aren't giving people a hard time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking up..no nothing yet .goi ng on week 2 now they are taking there time..gave me my car back they said its ok to drive until they get an answer from Hyundai.its just sitting in my driveway..they told me if they dont cover it the engine could cost around 12 -15 k ..what!!! They said they would have to build a new one from scratch..total BS..lets hope i get good news this week..keep you posted..thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for checking up..no nothing yet .goi ng on week 2 now they are taking there time..gave me my car back they said its ok to drive until they get an answer from Hyundai.its just sitting in my driveway..they told me if they dont cover it the engine could cost around 12 -15 k ..what!!! They said they would have to build a new one from scratch..total BS..lets hope i get good news this week..keep you posted..thanks
Yeah, they're full of sh!t haha. 12-15k for a 1.8l Hyundai motor? haha. The entire car only cost a little more than that when it was NEW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts