Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We have a 2015 Sonata Eco with 73,500 miles on it and on Saturday the car would not move in reverse and then started losing power in all gears. We had it towed to the dealer.
Got the car back yesterday and they stated that they did an update to the control module and that fixed the problem. I am just glad it was under warranty.
Would have been nice to have Hyundai issue the bulletin so we could of had the transmission module update before the problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have never had my control module updated. I haven't experienced a problem with my DCT. So there must be some updated software for it? Can any of us with a DCT get this update?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. We have a 2015 Sonata Eco with 73,500 miles on it and on Saturday the car would not move in reverse and then started losing power in all gears. We had it towed to the dealer.
Got the car back yesterday and they stated that they did an update to the control module and that fixed the problem. I am just glad it was under warranty.
Would have been nice to have Hyundai issue the bulletin so we could of had the transmission module update before the problem.
I am having the same problem with my car. was your problem fixed? my 2015 sonata eco have $108K miles.

any ideas of how much a dealer could charge for reprograming the module?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having the same problem with my car. was your problem fixed? my 2015 sonata eco have $108K miles.

any ideas of how much a dealer could charge for reprograming the module?
I really don't know how much it cost for the reprogram but it only took them an hour to do it. With the miles that close to the warranty I would work them a little to see if they will do it for free. Seems like this is a problem they may need to recall some day and they may want to keep it on the QT. Good luck to ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts