Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the release of the newly designed 2015 Genesis (which borrows lines from the current Azera) I began to wonder.... when will the Azera be do for a design update. Those of us contemplating a purchase of a 2014 probably don't want to be caught with the last example of a body style. The last Azera lasted approx. 6 years. Anyone know anything about the life cycle of the HG(2012-) Azera?

I do like the design of the new Genesis dashboard and centerstack. It looks like Hyundai is moving to an I-Drive like wheel on the console.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If they keep to normal practice, a 5-6 year cycle with a refreshing mid-way. So, probably small styling change for 2015, like adopting the vertical line grille from the 2013 Grandeur and maybe a taillight tweak, but no complete redesign until the 2017 model year. The 2014 model is a good choice because the early problems were worked out, but there is still a few years before it's "the previous generation".

·
Registered
550 Posts
I know one thing it most likely be around 2016 or 17 when or if a new Azera format will come out. If Hyundai does decide to keep the Azera around and changes the look of the car, if I like the new design I will buy the new Azera.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Can't even find a 2014 yet so no worries about 2015. I may wait for the genesis at this point but I hear they won't be in the showrooms until the summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can't even find a 2014 yet so no worries about 2015. I may wait for the genesis at this point but I hear they won't be in the showrooms until the summer.
Ditto! And to complicate things, I've got a Lexus dealer calling me pushing a "great" deal on a 2014 ES.

·
Registered
472 Posts
They just had a total redesign in 2012. No way for a big change in 15. Probably nothing until 17.

If you are that into the latest and the greatest the 2015 Genesis is a real look but of course a lot more expensive than the Azera.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Reviving an old thread.

Does anyone have some solid info on the 2015 Azera?

Google search turns lots of dead ends and speculation.

FWIW - I began reading this forum several months before the 2013 Santa Fe Sport was available. Forum info and members knowledge was light years ahead of the dealers............ it made a huge and favorable impact of my decision to buy. :)

·
22,793 Posts
Joe111, that is one sweet ride. It stands on its own merits for styling and class. Just a pitiful shame that Hyundai doesn't put a bit more advertising bucks into promoting it. This makes the Azera one of Hyundai's "best kept secrets" in offering a quality automobile for the discerning owner. And it shouldn't be that way. "Promote it," I say. My 0.02 worth.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Joe111, that is one sweet ride. It stands on its own merits for styling and class. Just a pitiful shame that Hyundai doesn't put a bit more advertising bucks into promoting it. This makes the Azera one of Hyundai's "best kept secrets" in offering a quality automobile for the discerning owner. And it shouldn't be that way. "Promote it," I say. My 0.02 worth.
I sort of like having a car almost nobody else around has.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It would be nice if the 15 Azera added a few goodies that haven't been given to the North American Azera. (BSD, smart CC, front parking sensors, heated steering wheel, LED DRL's, and lane departure)

I don't think that the Azera could be converted to AWD without a major rework.

Maybe people who hate the new 15 Sonata will buy Azera's. They look a lot like each other, from the front.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Maybe people who hate the new 15 Sonata will buy Azera's. They look a lot like each other, from the front.
Hello,

My name is Jim and I hate the 2015 Sonata therefore I bought a 2014 Azera. Yeah I'm one of them. Admitting it is the first step I hear.

I see maybe 1 Azera a day to the 20 Sonata's. I like those odds.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Pissed me off the other day when I saw a loaded 2013 Dark Gray model. We were right next to each other at an intersection. He had the color I would have rather of gotten but wasn't offered in 2014.

I hope the 2015 Azera has a better color selection. If they come out with a Dark Blue again with more features than the 2014 I might lose some money.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I haven't seen a 2015 Azera, but my wife and I found the first 2015 Genesis sedan anywhere around Portland OR at our nearby Hyundai dealership so we stopped by to take a peek.

My 2015 Azera isn't even two years old and I have definitely found the car I would replace it with. The 2015 Genesis just looks nice, from every angle. And it drives even better than Azera. No, I didn't buy it, which greatly disappointed the salesman, but it's a very VERY nice car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts