Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks,

The buttons on my car's head unit no longer change modes or radio stations.
The mode button on the steering wheel works, but the volume, etc, does not.

so no mode, FM/AM, presets, media type, etc. The power on/off, volume, and tune the radio station do work.

I've pulled the radio fuse to reset the head unit, and still, the buttons do not work.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this?

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
You'll have to get to the unit by removing the console.
This may help in the removal and access to get to it. Just use the sections showing hot to remove the radio etc.

Once you have it apart check your connections and unplug and two lug to see if that fixes your problem.

Hope it helps ya. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have to get to the unit by removing the console.
This may help in the removal and access to get to it. Just use the sections showing hot to remove the radio etc.

Once you have it apart check your connections and unplug and two lug to see if that fixes your problem.

Hope it helps ya. 馃憤
Thanks, though I failed to understand how those giant clips could have come loose. Also, the plugs are built into the unit, so I don't understand how wiggling those connection cables would make my buttons work again.

Also, the mode switch from the steering wheels works, though the ones on the head unit itself does not.

Right now, the stereo does play sounds, though only 1 source, the radio.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Thanks, though I failed to understand how those giant clips could have come loose. Also, the plugs are built into the unit, so I don't understand how wiggling those connection cables would make my buttons work again.

Also, the mode switch from the steering wheels works, though the ones on the head unit itself does not.

Right now, the stereo does play sounds, though only 1 source, the radio.
I've been an electronic tech for 40 years and know that plugs do get corrosion on the pins whether they're multipin or single pin.
Removing and reinserting a plug or connector cleans the wiping surface of the pin for a cleaner contact by doing so.

I was just trying to help. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
I've pulled the radio fuse to reset the head unit, and still, the buttons do not work.
Is this the fuse in the yellow carrier?

I suppose it would be worth trying the old disconnect/reconnect trick since it's relatively simple and free. But this sounds more like an internal failure within the head unit to me. If disconnecting the power didn't fix it I think you'll probably need to replace it.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I've been an electronic tech for 40 years and know that plugs do get corrosion on the pins whether they're multipin or single pin.
Removing and reinserting a plug or connector cleans the wiping surface of the pin for a cleaner contact by doing so.

I was just trying to help. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
that makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts