Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sonata 2.0t limited and was wondering what head light kit goes best with the led running lights? I want brighter lights that match the color of the led running lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2015 Sonata 2.0t limited and was wondering what head light kit goes best with the led running lights? I want brighter lights that match the color of the led running lights.
I believe that model comes with factory HID's - in which case you should just get higher color temperature bulbs - 5000k would probably be right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got the OSRAM CBI D3S bulbs to replace the stock 4300K bulbs in mine.... they are a very crisp white, and match the LED DRL's very well. I put them in one month after I bought the car (November 2015) with 900 miles and I'm up to almost 49000 miles now and they have worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Be VERY CAREFUL what you wish for.

You may get it!

My 2015 Sport 2.0T Limited has the D3S (25Watt) HID Bulbs.

My 2018 2.0T Limited (Light Bending - LED Intelligent System) has the HB3 (60Watt) LED Bulbs.

Sure, when looking at the headlights from OUTSIDE the car, the LED's look sharp. Nice and white, custom look, FASHON STATEMENT, however, from inside the car, when driving at night, my 2015 HID Bulbs are far superior to my 2018 LED Bulbs.

Again, be careful what you wish for. You may get it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be VERY CAREFUL what you wish for.

You may get it!

My 2015 Sport 2.0T Limited has the D3S (25Watt) HID Bulbs.

My 2018 2.0T Limited (Light Bending - LED Intelligent System) has the HB3 (60Watt) LED Bulbs.

Sure, when looking at the headlights from OUTSIDE the car, the LED's look sharp. Nice and white, custom look, FASHON STATEMENT, however, from inside the car, when driving at night, my 2015 HID Bulbs are far superior to my 2018 LED Bulbs.

Again, be careful what you wish for. You may get it!
Apples and oranges. I'm going from one HID to another HID bulb. So from my understanding; i'll either get the same 'performance' or slightly better performance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Steph,

You are doing the right thing. I misunderstood. Hey, easy to get mixed up with all these new "HID" "LED" etc. Stick with the HID and perhaps a higher wattage. You won't need to change the plug. Only thing that may be of concern is that a higher wattage may be hotter.

Let us know how you made out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts