Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I left the store to head home to have the check engine light come on as we were pulling out of the parking lot. Now the engine's RPMs fluctuate at idle and Hyundai can't get to my car until Tuesday... F my weekend or can I still drive it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that the car only has 25,340 miles on it and it seems to drive fine. I'm just going to take it up to the dealership tomorrow morning and tell them to give it a quick check and see. Hopefully it is just a spark plug or something simple they can fix tomorrow. Luckily I have my back up car, but I hate driving it on non work related events. Its a 2015 KIA Optima LX 2.4...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Curious, are you in one of the super cold areas of the country? If the light is on steady and not flashing, fluid levels are good, and seems to be running okay except for the idle should be fine to drive.

Heck, I've got a SIL been driving with the CEL on for almost a year.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious, are you in one of the super cold areas of the country? If the light is on steady and not flashing, fluid levels are good, and seems to be running okay except for the idle should be fine to drive.

Heck, I've got a SIL been driving with the CEL on for almost a year.

:rolleyes:
Ohio and its cold, raining. I even use the blue link to do a 10m warm up before driving the car in cold weather.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went in way a head of my appointment and they got me in and out in an hour. Turned out to be a spark plug. Car is back to normal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
glad to hear it was only a spark plug. Just check your car daily on fluids, routine maintenance.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If they found a cracked spark plug, not really any reason to go further. That will sure cause the symptoms you experienced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts