Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I phoned my Hyundai dealer this morning in Winnipeg, Canada, looking to buy a 2013, 7-seater Santa Fe (The premium AWD version) only to be told that all have sold out. In fact, there are only 3 left in all of Canada, all in Toronto.

However, he mentioned that we could order a new 2014 model, and it could be delivered to me by the November 1st, of this year. Wow, that actually came out of the blue for me.

Can anyone back this delivery date up, from what you've heard?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd think the dealer would know, but don't get your hopes up. The 2013 just came out a less than 6 months ago.
That's what I thought about the 2013s, too, but he was pretty definite about the 2014s being ready for delivery the first week of November. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard that.

The whole matter of the 2013s/2014s has been a little hard to sort out. A google search for the 2014s all bring up the current models with websites calling them 2014s, when they're actually 2013s...which have actually been out for a lot longer than 6 months.

In any case, there's no 2013 premium AWDs left anywhere in Canada, except the 3 in Toronto.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since the XL came out mid year I doubt there will be any changes at all to the 2014 model. I doubt the Korean production line will even slow down and at some point from one XL to the next on the line they will simply start tagging them as 2014.

The impression I got before I ordered my XL the first time back in March was that they all were going to be tagged as 2014. I really don't know why they bothered using the 2013 tag.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the XL came out mid year I doubt there will be any changes at all to the 2014 model. I doubt the Korean production line will even slow down and at some point from one XL to the next on the line they will simply start tagging them as 2014.

The impression I got before I ordered my XL the first time back in March was that they all were going to be tagged as 2014. I really don't know why they bothered using the 2013 tag.
I think that's why almost all of the websites you google will refer to the current models as 2014s, until you look a little deeper into the site.

And you're right about there probably not being any changes in the 2014s. The Hyundai dealer I talked to said it was pretty much the exact same vehicle, except for the year.

I was hoping to go in this week and buy a 2013 red model, but everything was sold during some kind of 5 day sale last week. So I was kinda bummed. But then my wife asked wouldn't it be better to have a 2014 anyway? Phoned the dealer not expecting much quickly, maybe next spring at the earliest. Nope, November 1st! And until someone in here says, "That date is not even close, because..." then I will hold onto November.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just order it and see what happens.
Yup, I will when I get back. I'm working in a remote hydro site up in Northern Manitoba right now, and that's why I'm hanging out here for info. I have very limited access to the outside world right now. Most of the internet is restricted up here, and I'm surprised I was even able to get on this board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts