Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hyundai Santa Fe XL 2014 | Crossover / SUV Car Design & Technology | Hyundai Auto Canada

So the '14 is out. Only change I can find in the specs is that the new '14 has blind spot detection. So, I haven't really missed out on anything because I think that BSD is completely unnecessary if your mirrors are adjusted properly...a-la Jim Kenzie.

I note that the 7 passenger is now available with the Leather, but not if you want Saddle.

The starting price of my Ltd w Saddle is $43,399. Anyone recall what the starting price was for the '13?

·
Registered
222 Posts
The 2013 price for limited with saddle leather was $43,199.00
But, now they still sell the 2013 with -$2500 price adjustment from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2013 price for limited with saddle leather was $43,199.00
But, now they still sell the 2013 with -$2500 price adjustment from the manufacturer.
So the base price has gone up by $200.

That's pretty good, but I did better in my negotiations when I ordered new in April. And buying now, the vehicle already is a 2013 selling in year 2014 (or very close to), so it is perceived as a year old even though that may not be the case. Thus, the need for discount to account for depreciation. I don't know for sure, but suspect that availability is getting low and there will be limited choice out there now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
...BSD is completely unnecessary if your mirrors are adjusted properly...a-la Jim Kenzie.
Good to know i'm not the only one who remembers his advice for mirrors, I have friends and family who cannot understand how I can drive without seeing the back of my vehicle.. But have managed to convert a few to this style..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts