Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not too much on the exterior... new headlights and taillights.

Some of the things that interest me:
- the panoramic roof option now comes with roof rails
- New projector headlights with LED accents
- Two-stage reclining 60/40 split rear seats

here is the press release

REFRESHED 2014 HYUNDAI TUCSON UPS FUN AND VALUE QUOTIENTS

Standard Gasoline Direct Injection Technology and Standard SACHS Amplitude Selective Damping Improve Driving Performance for All

COSTA MESA, Calif., -- The Hyundai Tucson, known for its combination of style and function, adds even more value in 2014 with advanced 2.0-liter Nu and 2.4-liter Theta II Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engines, enhancing torque and engine responsiveness. With GDI standard on Tucson, like its big-brother Santa Fe, every Hyundai CUV now features this performance-enhancing technology. Tucson is the first Hyundai to receive the 2.0-liter Nu GDI engine in the United States. It will be applied to other models later in the 2014 model year.

Tucson's new GDI engines are complemented with all-new standard SACHS Amplitude Selective Damping (ASD) for optimum ride, handling and driving comfort. 2014 Tucson also adds a host of available new refinements, including Hyundai's Blue Link safety, service and infotainment telematics system, two-stage reclining rear seats and third-generation navigation with a larger seven-inch touchscreen display and HD Radio technology. The 2014 Tucson will be available at Hyundai dealerships in fall of 2013.

New for 2014:

Performance Enhancements

• New 2.0-liter Nu and 2.4-liter Theta II GDI inline four-cylinder engines replace Multi Port Injection (MPI) engines
• Standard SACHS amplitude selective dampers for better ride quality
• Entry-level Tucson GLS with 2.0-liter Nu engine now available with AWD

Safety and Technology Enhancements

• Standard Blue Link and Hyundai Assurance Connected Care on Tucson Limited
• Third generation navigation with larger seven-inch touchscreen and HD Radio technology
• Standard Bluetooth hands-free phone system
• 4.3-inch color LCD touchscreen audio with rearview camera

Interior Enhancements

• Two-stage reclining 60/40 split rear seats
• Standard tilt and telescopic steering wheel
• Floor console mounted rear vents
• Standard-steering-wheel mounted audio and cruise controls
• Cupholder illumination
• New interior colors, beige and brown

Exterior Enhancements

• New projector headlights with LED accents
• LED taillights
• Shark-fin antenna on Limited trim
• Roof side rails with panoramic sunroof
• New 17-inch (standard) and 18-inch (optional) alloy wheel designs

2.0-LITER NU GASOLINE DIRECT INJECTION ENGINE

In a segment where GDI engines are not normally found, the addition of the 2.0-liter Nu GDI engine to the Tucson GLS will be popular with consumers. The new 2.0-liter Nu GDI engine produces an estimated 164 horsepower at 6,200 rpm and 151 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm. Performance gains were achieved by equipping the engine with an efficient, responsive GDI fuel delivery system. In the Tucson, the engine delivers higher peak torque at lower rpm for enhanced everyday driving dynamics when compared with a similar multi-port fuel injected engine. Equipping the Nu four-cylinder engine with GDI ensures a good balance between performance and fuel economy. The entry-level 2014 Tucson GLS with the 2.0-liter Nu engine will also offer AWD for the first time. AWD was not available on the entry-level 2013 Tucson GL. The Tucson with the 2.0-liter GDI engine achieves an EPA estimated 23 mpg city fuel economy figure with a ULEV emissions rating.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sounds good! But, are they finally gonna offer the GDI 2.4L engine option as well?

If you've noticed the Ford Escape (which looks eerily similar to the Tucson) and is it's main competition in the AWD class has a small turbo engine, that from what I read is peppy, but hard on gas!

If they put the GDI 2.4L (190-200hp) engine in, they'll have another "leg up" on the competition! ;)

Wait, where's that desired auto. liftgate option?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I like the interior changes, the shifter looks nice and I like the brown leather. The radio is not so appealing it looks rather gaudy to me. However all in all it does look good

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nothing dramatic but mostly nice improvements......
The Terra-cotta leather seats are hideous IMHO.

Will be interesting to see if the ride quality is dramatically better or if it's just sales jargon.
Just might have to take one for a test drive when they come out to see it in person.

Thanks for the great post!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Where is the B.A.F.G.?? (Big a$$ front grill)

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Interior Enhancements

• Two-stage reclining 60/40 split rear seats
• Standard tilt and telescopic steering wheel
• Floor console mounted rear vents
• Standard-steering-wheel mounted audio and cruise controls
Cupholder illumination
• New interior colors, beige and brown

It was about time, I have that in my Elantra

·
Registered
326 Posts
Too bad the LED taillights are optional. No 2014's on the lot at my local dealer have them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there some reason other than marketing that diesel models are not offered by Hyundai in the US?

The 2.4 petrol has 136 kW power @ 6000rpm and 240 Nm of torque @ 4500 rpm
The 2.0 diesel has 135kW power @ 4000 rpm and 392 Nm of torque @ 1800-2500 rpm

The diesel engine provides effortless driving. My Santa Fe diesel, for example, provides plenty of power and returns 5.5 litres/100 km on a freeway trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts