Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in contact with a dealer in Texas and was looking through his inventory of Sonatas. All but 1 were 2014 models. What caught my attention was the whopping discounts offered on their internet website. Like $4,476 on a 2014 SE with an MRSP of $29,700; $25,224. I did not expect to find this on a new year model.

This caveat may explain how this is done. "All prices include factory rebates, retail bonus cash, consumer programs, US military coupon program, college graduate, and BoostUp matching program."

Cut to the chase. Anyone have any experience with the large dealer in Carrolton, Texas? Note: A nearby Hyundai dealer in Plano does not reflect these prices on their internet site; in fact the MRSP and internet price is exactly the same.

I can only conclude they are already clearing out their 2014 inventory for the new 2015 model that should arrive in the early part of 2014; possibly March or April.

Anyone want to weigh in on this subject?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Watch as the used car value falls on the YF Sonatas. With 3 year lease vehicles being turned in and the new body style being released soon the YF prices are going to fall fast. The rear bumper shape doesn't help the 2014 either IMO. Lots of used YF's are available now. If the 2015 isn't a hit in the styling department the YF's might hold some value as being one of the best looking sedans made but other than that we are doomed to lower values.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When buying a new car I never look at what prices they have listed on their websites, just email them and ask for a quote for the car you are curious about. Tell them to give you quote that does not include any rebates. It is impossible to submit a lead without providing ph# so get a free google voice account.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Use Truecar. Best source of pricing for your area (it goes by zip code) and gives you an idea of what everyone is paying as well as what your specific car (with options) should be selling for at invoice.

Best of all, they have dealers that are hooked up with them that will honor their price with no questions asked. Thats how I bought the Sled and still think I got a great deal.

Also, jiminflorida is spot on. If you are wanting to get out of a YF, better do it ASAP!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts