Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read in my 2014 New Car issue this week in Road & Track Magazine that the big changes for the Sonata will be the 8 Inch Navigation Screen, Optional Blind Spot Detection, Re Freshed Grill... When will pictures come out of this car, since '14s are hitting dealerships soon... how are there no pictures out yet?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't think the Sonata will get a complete refresh until maybe 2015/16... car's usually wait 5 years until they redesign them. So besides the blind assist, grill (prolly will be similar to the 14, maybe KDM 14?) I don't think there will be any real changes

This is a render I found on a Korean website (not official) of a new model they plan on introducing in '15 called the LF, doesn't look too bad

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I didnt say a major change, in the Road & Track new car issue the feature I just posted are for the '14 model coming out. Not a major refresh but minor upgrades but I wanted to see what the new grill update looks like and new interior pics.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
im almost 100% certain it will look like this:

Interior wise prolly exactly like this:

They most likely will follow with the KDM/CDM '13 model and reintroduce it as the '14 there, so you might get the LCD/Color "smart" information center, possibly heated/cooled seats, possibly the ventilated glove compartment, possibly puddle/self folding mirrors..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much, Yeah that most likley will be what we see I assume, Im debating on trading mine in for the '14 Optima Turbo due to the features that has over our Sonata.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I'm on the fence myself. If the 2014 Sonata has cooled seats and folding mirrors it's mine. Blind spot assist would be nice to. But no cooled seat means no 2014 for me.
The 2014 Optima, I was told, will not be out until the end of the year. I test drove a used 2013 Optima SXL with 5k miles on it just as a teaser. Love them cooled seats!!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
What is different about that grille? Looks the same to me.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I don't think the Sonata will get a complete refresh until maybe 2015/16... car's usually wait 5 years until they redesign them. So besides the blind assist, grill (prolly will be similar to the 14, maybe KDM 14?) I don't think there will be any real changes

This is a render I found on a Korean website (not official) of a new model they plan on introducing in '15 called the LF, doesn't look too bad
That is the closest pic of the 2015 Sonata yet. The real 2015 spy shots show a big mouth grille.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That is the closest pic of the 2015 Sonata yet. The real 2015 spy shots show a big mouth grille.
There's speculation that it will be the New YF, but also others are saying it will be a new model known as the LF. All we can do is wait and see.

In regards to the new grill, the difference is that the scales are painted black in the inside and also that they are not slanted anymore like the old one but flat... in person it looks pretty good.

Plus northsider, that most likely will be the hybrid

But with the cooled seats.... I really regret not getting that option but for that trim level it would have cost me almost 10k USD more.... not worth it....

·
Registered
564 Posts
So I read in my 2014 New Car issue this week in Road & Track Magazine that the big changes for the Sonata will be the 8 Inch Navigation Screen, Optional Blind Spot Detection, Re Freshed Grill... When will pictures come out of this car, since '14s are hitting dealerships soon... how are there no pictures out yet?
The exterior of the 2014 Sonata is shown in this commercial. At the 17 second mark the text at the bottom the screen says "Prototype for 2014 Sonata Turbo shown. Production model may vary. Available later this year."

The taillights are revised (turn signals and reverse lights are at the bottom of the lenses instead of the top),

The front grill slats are flatter, and it also looks like the hood may have been made flatter as well (less sculpting to match the straightening of the slats in the grill.) Although with the commercial not in HD it is hard to tell if the hood is really revised.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I just looked through Hyundai's Service website and decided to try something. I looked up the wiring diagrams for the 2014 Sonata.

What I found is this:

1. We are getting a Blind Spot Detection (BSD) System in 2014
2. We are getting a ventilated Drivers Seat called CCS in 2014
3. We are getting a Wiper Deicer in 2014

4. We are not getting a Power Passenger Seat so far
5. We are not getting Power Folding Mirrors so far
6. We are not getting Memory Seats so far

I also saw nothing on the EPS setting switch to adjust steering feel.
Maybe their diagrams are not complete yet

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Sorry everyone. I didn't realize wiper deicer has been a standard feature since 2011 on all Sonatas just like heated outside mirrors. They all heat up when the rear defrost is on.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Thank you.

I'm just so happy about the cooled seat!!!!
With all the other changes that have been made to the Sonata since my 2011 was made I can't wait to upgrade.
Now to start removing mods.

Det. Jim

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sorry everyone. I didn't realize wiper deicer has been a standard feature since 2011 on all Sonatas just like heated outside mirrors. They all heat up when the rear defrost is on.
My 2011 Sonata doesn't have wiper deicer...mine freeze up when driving in the snow/sleet even when the rear defrost is on.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Being from FL I cannot comment on how effective wiper deicer works all I can say is that according to wiring diagrams all the way back to 2011 wiper deicer is part of the circuit on all Sonata models.
I do know that the wiper deicer heating strip is only located where the wipers are parked and would probably be most effective only when the car was standing still and wipers off due to heat loss.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Being from FL I cannot comment on how effective wiper deicer works all I can say is that according to wiring diagrams all the way back to 2011 wiper deicer is part of the circuit on all Sonata models.
I do know that the wiper deicer heating strip is only located where the wipers are parked and would probably be most effective only when the car was standing still and wipers off due to heat loss.
I wondered where you got that tidbit of knowledge.
Manual Pg 4-73 instructs to run the Defroster for 10 min and remove snow pile-ups B4 using the wipers in Winter.
That Doesn't sound like they regard there being much of a "wiper heater" in play, and I mention this Only to prevent any Forum members from being in their garages at 2 a.m. trying to make it work......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just dont see why Hyundai does not offer some of the nice features that Kia offers on the Optima (Especially since they are the same company)

No folding mirrors, no dual air cooled seats, no memory seats, no LED Tails, No HID's, no illuminated door sills, etc.... thats why the Optima SX Turbo is looking really good for '14 to me. Seems Kia is offering a nicer product for the same money.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Wonder if the grill has those "active shutters" like the new Fusion to help with wind drag.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts