Hyundai Forums banner

2014 Sonata officially here on Youtube

5K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  namja6 
#1 ·

#7 ·
Seems to me that they brought over some of the Hybrid body kit to the rest of the Sonata line. The rear bumper is very similar (based on photos from jimrinflorida in another thread), and the rocker panel below the doors looks the same, too. It would be interesting to see if the underbody panels were carried over, too.

Probably made changes to improve aerodynamics and mileage. The Hybrid, when released, had the lowest coefficient of drag of any vehicle on the road (I think it is tied for second now)!

#11 ·
I've been eyeballing those LED tail lights since I first saw them on the 2013 OEM Korean models. Hopefully we'll be able to get them cheaper now that they're on the US models. They are direct fit but with the Korean model tails you have to re-pin the connector for the outer piece and tap in to the line to add power to the inner piece. The cheapest I've seen them for is $489 shipped! $100 of that is shipping from Korea though. Maybe the US version will be cheaper and maybe the connectors will be direct fit except for the inner piece.

#13 ·
Where can we get those blind spot outer mirrors? and is the centre console swappable with the 2013? I like the new navigation.

Things I want to do:
Add blind spot monitoring like the 2014 - mirror types
New 2014 LED tails
New navigation/ AC controls
New HID xenon headlights
Shark Racing LED fogs

#14 ·
The mirrors should be a direct swap, as long as they retained the 3 bolt pattern (holding the mirror to the door).

Center stack will most likely be a no-go both in fit and electronically (CAN-BUS probably is different in the new car).

#15 ·
All just noticed something on the Hyundai website that is exciting

It looks like...finally...the push-button cars can get Remote Start. And not the BlueLink one.

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

I know that the Limited models all are Proximity Key so this is either a mistake or Hyundai has finally made this option a reality for us.

Are my eyes deceiving me???

#17 · (Edited)
I know, right? In my past cars, "factory installed remote start" is really a PIO (port installed option) that the dealer adds before the car is sold. Which means it should be plug and play (barring any BCM or ECU programming required)

I really am hoping that, if this is something that Prox Key cars can get, maybe it can be retrofitted back to older years. $400 would be reasonably cheap for a warrantied remote start that was engineered for the car.

Now we just need a guinea pig to order a '14 with this option or find one on the lot that they can try out.

Takers???

#20 ·
Good start. No memory or power passenger seat. Lame to add ventilated seat for driver only. No auto up/down passenger window. Common' Hyundai!

#22 ·

On a more serious note...

Most of these "new" features can be added aftermarket. I wouldn't feel too bad...think of what you saved vs buying the '14 w/o discounts.
You're right on this. Especially for the guys who bought their Sonatas used and saved even more money off the '14 sticker price. You can do literally anything to your car with the right resources and time and money, and most of the new features look like you can do them without spending an absorbent amount of money. Plus things like the blind spot indicators are most likely going to be an upcharge

#26 ·
wow, so we might as well import it. I am expecting the new LED tails to be $800 - 900 at the stealerships.

#28 ·
Kinda unrelated, but I just saw the commercial for the '14 Optima, with those UGLY quilted leather seats. barf!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.