Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer has identified that the front passenger wheel bearing is shot and needs replacing. They are quoting $730 to do it.

I'd like to investigate DIYing it myself. I don't have all the unique tools (wheel nut socket, torque wrench, etc.), but I suspect I can rent those from AutoZone. What I can't find is a repair manual that will allow me to A) know what part(s) to purchase, and B) what tools and specifications I will need.

I found one Youtube video that shows the basics of removing the hub assembly and crudely pressing out the bearing. I was thinking to save myself dealing with the bearing itself I'd just replace the whole hub. A bit overkill, but I'm not really setup to deal with pressing bearings. Still would be cheaper than having the dealer do it.

Thoughts? Experiences? Where can I find a bloody manual!? (I've check the local library, no luck :( )

TIA

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Horrendous job for the DIYer...take it to a reputable garage, they should be much cheaper than a dealer. Hub assemblies are not available, to my knowledge, as of yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someplace else you may want to check are tire dealers. If you happen to need new tires, you could ask for a package deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts