Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Original owner 2014 Sonata Hybrid. On long trips, cruise control on for 3+ hours suddenly hear the three chimes of death and briefly see the Hybrid System Warning, kicks me out of cruise control. I usually drive for a few minutes without cruise, then just turn back on. No codes, drives as if nothing happened. I can count on this happening randomly on almost every long trip. Been doing this for past 3 years. I bring up the issue with dealership, not much they can do without codes. Recently, (4 months ago) started up and pulled out of driveway and DID get chimes and warning and car died. I turned car back on and it did throw a code. P1B70. Dealer did the TSB software update. Since car is 101,000 miles, I had to pony up the 125 bucks. No big deal. Drove fine for 3 months. Last month, simply started car in garage and 5 seconds BAM, chimes and warning and same code. 104,000 miles. I drove in limp mode around block. Car would shut off at stops. I would start and 5 seconds, same thing. Did this probably 6 times. Then....drove normal. Still had check engine light and code. After a week of normal driving. No light and no code. It's been a month. Been on a couple of medium 250 miles RT trips and no problems. 106,000 miles. Still normal driving. Now I have major anxiety this could crap out any given time, especially on a long trip. Any suggestions or just a gremlin? Tested original 12V battery and is still going fairly strong but wouldn't hurt to replace soon.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sell it. But tell prospective buyer of this occasional fault, your conscience is clear. Shouldn't be too hard to find a virtue-signaling liberal to buy it.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thought has crossed my mind. The lifetime warranty on the hybrid battery offered only on this and a select few year models compels me to keep this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts