Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one guide as my SantaFe 2014 is leaking oil from Turbo feeding back into engine. Does it require Turbo kit replacement. Any idea on cost of this.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
How bad is it? How many Ks? Clouds of smoke? Oil consumption?

I have 4 Diesel turbos and all have some oil present in the intake from the intercooler.

I've seen cartridge kits for turbos, that's about the extent of experience I've had so far. One thing I notice on mine is that the air intake hose on turbo seem to loosen with age and need nipping up on th eclamp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind reply. The milage at the moment is 140K. It has been a very slow leak, no smoke or extensive oil level drop. Someone told me about a modification that blocks oil going back in. Any idea on that or do i need to replace the rurbo itself.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Most likely oil catch can, no I'm not into modding but seen plenty of videos suggesting good for the life long term.

Sure it's not a case of that intake hose being a little loose and a build up of oil over a long time? I have an i40 which had an oil weep from the turbo, that was on the intake hoes, loose, clamped ad fixed, and I just had the same on the 2008 Santa Fe with 260000k , was a very slow weep and collected on top of the transfer case, also very loose hose and seems fine now.

I'm not an expert on these but if it's been serviced well with the right oil and filters etc, 140k seem s low to be having to do a turbo unless it's been poorly maintained.

Just saying, if you have images of the problem post them up, someone can judge what they see I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts