Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just replaced the battery in my 2014 SFS. The key will open and lock the doors but the car won't start when I stand on the brake and push the start button. I've changed the battery in the smart key.

I tried switching the fuse switch off and back on under the dash on the drivers side. It has a hyundai remote starter on it. The car will start and run when I use the remote starter key fob.

Closest hyundai garage is 400km away rang a couple of dealerships but they just want me to tow it in so they can look at it.

Please help me.

Registered
On my Sonata, there is a place in the center console that I can put the fob to start the car, as if the fob battery was dead, does the Santa Fe have that?, if so, maybe try putting the fob in the dock.

Registered
2007 Honda CRV
The remote starter will crank and start the engine
But, the push to start button will not start the engine

Question, does anything happen when you push the start button?
Does the engine crank?
If it does not crank then check the brake switch for proper operation

Registered

Does the engine crank?
I bet you have the battery upside down. This happened to me. Unlike everything else in this world, the positive goes on the bottom. If you look on the plastic on the inside you will see a big positive sign. I took this as just to support the battery.

Registered
I've just replaced the battery in my 2014 SFS. The key will open and lock the doors but the car won't start when I stand on the brake and push the start button. I've changed the battery in the smart key.

I tried switching the fuse switch off and back on under the dash on the drivers side. It has a hyundai remote starter on it. The car will start and run when I use the remote starter key fob.

Closest hyundai garage is 400km away rang a couple of dealerships but they just want me to tow it in so they can look at it.

Please help me.
Sorry I posted below to the wrong person. There is a good chance your battery is upside down. The positive goes down not up like everything else. LOL.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Does the engine crank?
Nothing happens with the engine. There is a clicking noise coming from the passenger side. The start button goes to the on position that's it. Engine doesn't try to crank. Brake switch appears to be working fine lights coming on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried the trick where you use the tip of the Fob to push the button. If there is something wrong with the battery that should still work. You battery tested the voltage of the new battery you put in too?
Tried that and have tested the battery in the fob and the new 12v under the hood. Both are as they should be. Car was sitting for 2 weeks and started with the remote starter no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.