Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here so hello to all. I've been considering a Santa Fe lwb for my next car and have been waiting to see the 2014 changes. I just noticed Hyundai posted the option packages on Hyundainews.com. There are considerable changes from 2013. Here they are:

Premium Package (GLS)
• Blind spot detection system
• Exterior mirrors w/ turn signal indicators
• Proximity key entry key w/ push button start
• Leather seating surfaces
• Power front passenger seat
• Power liftgate
• Dual zone automatic temperature control w/ CleanAir Ionizer
• Electroluminescent gauge cluster w/ color LCD trip computer
• Auto-dimming interior mirror w/ HomeLink® & compass
• Manual rear side window sunshades

Technology Package (GLS)
• Requires Premium Equipment Package
• 19-inch alloy wheels
• Panoramic sunroof
• Rear parking assistance system
• Navigation system with 8-inch touchscreen
• Dimension® premium audio system
• Heated steering wheel
• Driver’s integrated memory system
• Ventilated front seats
• Heated rear seats
• 115-volt power outlet
• Premium door sill plates

Technology Package (Limited)
• 19-inch alloy wheels
• HID headlights
• LED taillights
• Panoramic sunroof
• Rear parking assistance system
• Navigation system with 8-inch touchscreen
• 12-speaker Infinity® Logic 7 audio system
• Heated steering wheel
• Driver’s integrated memory system
• Ventilated front seats
• Heated rear seats
• 115-volt power outlet
• Premium door sill plates

I like the fact you can get push button start, the power tailgate and the pano roof on the GLS now. The memory and ventilated seats, and blind spot warning system is just the icing on the cake. Now all that's left is to see how much all this goodness will cost!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow, that looks like a great improvement!
I am jealous about the power lift gate on the 2014 GLS.
The 2014 model seem to force people to have Navigation and sunroof in the same package.
On the other hand I am happy with my GLS with the Navigation without the panoramic sunroof (which I do not want).

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
If the upgrades to the 14 SFS are any indication, these features are not going to come cheap. Essentially, same as what we have here in Canada except perhaps some upgrades to the base model, and for limited, addition of blind spot. Blind spot, in my opinion, is a waste of money since properly adjusted mirrors will eliminate ALL blind spots.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
All the features I've been waiting are on the 2014, EXCEPT power folding mirrors . . .:confused:
Yeah, it is kind of bizarre given even the Kia Rondo has power folding mirrors!!! Anyway, not a deal breaker for me given I tend to park where there is lots of space so as to avoid door dings. Never had an issue with my mirrors before.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, it is kind of bizarre given even the Kia Rondo has power folding mirrors!!! Anyway, not a deal breaker for me given I tend to park where there is lots of space so as to avoid door dings. Never had an issue with my mirrors before.
Myself & my wife always fold our mirrors in as we live in Cambridge, MA where "strange things" :rolleyes: happen. It get tiring walking around the car to close then open our mirrors all the time . . \:(/

One thing I see on the 2014 features list for the GLS & Limited that quite different is, 3rd row ventilation ducts "roof mounted" . . .:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Folks!
We're considering a new 2014 Sanata Fe XL. As a GM owner for the past 20 years, this would be our very first import.
Couple quick questions:
1. Maybe I'm missing it, but will the 2014 Santa Fe XL have a rear Screen/DVD player for the kiddies (and mom and dads sanity)?
2. When will the 2014 Santa Fe XL hit the lots in Canada?
Thanks from a potential new Hyaundi owner in Canada!!!
Fergie

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi Folks!
We're considering a new 2014 Sanata Fe XL. As a GM owner for the past 20 years, this would be our very first import.
Couple quick questions:
1. Maybe I'm missing it, but will the 2014 Santa Fe XL have a rear Screen/DVD player for the kiddies (and mom and dads sanity)?
No rear entertainment system but that should not stop you from buying a car. If you are ok with headrest monitors then you have a lot of aftermarket choices, probably well within the $200 budget +$300 if professionally installed.
I am looking for those myself. I believe there is another thread in this forum about DIY install.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The options for the GLS look great, especially the power lift gate and the panoramic sunroof.

About the only thing that I would care about that you can still only get on the Limited is the upgraded stereo system.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So, it appears you can order a GLS WITH Navigation and a Panoramic sun roof?

That's kind of neat.... so that would also allow you to keep the second row seat a 'bench' style seat instead of the captain chairs?

It appears you can outfit a GLS almost to the same degree as buying a Limited. Is there any $$ incentive to go this route over a Limited?

What would a guy be missing? Just HID headlights (verses what kind of headlights on the GLS?), heated steering wheel, and LED tail lights?

Also - curious, can you *order* a SF or are you at the mercy of whatever stock the dealer gets? These are still built in Korea, correct? And if so, are there any 'rust' related issues with Korean built units as they travel across the ocean? With Salt Water/Salty air, etc?

Lastly - are the 2014's listed on line yet with the Build-a-Vehicle function.... to price them out? Guess I could look that one up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
So, it appears you can order a GLS WITH Navigation and a Panoramic sun roof?

That's kind of neat.... so that would also allow you to keep the second row seat a 'bench' style seat instead of the captain chairs?

It appears you can outfit a GLS almost to the same degree as buying a Limited. Is there any $$ incentive to go this route over a Limited?

What would a guy be missing? Just HID headlights (verses what kind of headlights on the GLS?), heated steering wheel, and LED tail lights?

Also - curious, can you *order* a SF or are you at the mercy of whatever stock the dealer gets? These are still built in Korea, correct? And if so, are there any 'rust' related issues with Korean built units as they travel across the ocean? With Salt Water/Salty air, etc?

Lastly - are the 2014's listed on line yet with the Build-a-Vehicle function.... to price them out? Guess I could look that one up.
Options for the GLS and Limited now appear to be very close. That's a good thing. With a few exceptions, the main decision point is now whether you want 2nd row captain's chairs or 2nd row bench seat. You could still get hung up on the upgraded Infinity sound system, or the HID headlights, but you are no longer forced to select the Limited if you want the power lift gate or the panoramic sunroof.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Options for the GLS and Limited now appear to be very close. That's a good thing. With a few exceptions, the main decision point is now whether you want 2nd row captain's chairs or 2nd row bench seat. You could still get hung up on the upgraded Infinity sound system, or the HID headlights, but you are no longer forced to select the Limited if you want the power lift gate or the panoramic sunroof.

That's neat. I wonder how pricing will stack up....optioned similarly. What are HID Lights? I have those projector beam ones on my 2013 NOX.... are they the same?

hey - what kind of real world highway mpg are you getting with your AWD ? Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Folks!
Couple quick questions:
2. When will the 2014 Santa Fe XL hit the lots in Canada?
Thanks from a potential new Hyaundi owner in Canada!!!
Fergie
I had a 10" roof mount dvd installed at the dealer when I bought it. After I negotiated I ended up getting it for free. Still no remote start though....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Release date for 2014 LWB Santa Fe??????

As I understand it, the 2013 have halted production/shipping, leaving only the 2014 LWB Santa Fes from this point on. Now nearing the middle of October, I am wondering when the heck the 2014s will hit the US! Our local dealership had no answers to this, and claims he is also anxiously awaiting news from Korea. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm patient, but getting antsy! :confused:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
When I bought my 2013 here in Canada back in April/May, dealer owner told me they did not expect the 2014's to arrive until late 2013, but more likely in early 2014 given the late release of the 2013. Nevertheless, the US tends to get vehicles 1 or 2 months in advance of us, so could see them hit dealer lots there in the next couple of months. All speculation though...

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just purchased my 2013 and the ealer advised they expect to still be importing 2013 up to and including early 2014, guessing mod plates will state 2014 or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had several discussions with a few dealers in MN yesterday. I have been told 2013's are no longer being produced. 2014's are built but no shipping info to date on LWB models. We do have a few 2014 sports on the lots here. I guess time will tell. Waiting...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Speaking of the Power Liftgate, I couldn't find a button in the drivers area for the rear hatch. I looked around then asked the sales person who looked and said there wasn't one. Then she asked another and said there wasn't one.

Was told the only way to open the hatch (besides standing at the hatch) was to dig out the key fob from purse, pocket, etc. I said 'this can't be true, what would be the point of this? And doesn't this make the push button start nearly moot?" In all my car shopping, I have never seen a car with no hatch button that the driver could access. ?????

·
Registered
418 Posts
Speaking of the Power Liftgate, I couldn't find a button in the drivers area for the rear hatch. I looked around then asked the sales person who looked and said there wasn't one. Then she asked another and said there wasn't one.

Was told the only way to open the hatch (besides standing at the hatch) was to dig out the key fob from purse, pocket, etc. I said 'this can't be true, what would be the point of this? And doesn't this make the push button start nearly moot?" In all my car shopping, I have never seen a car with no hatch button that the driver could access. ?????
There is a button, they just did not know where it is. It is in between the two reading lights on the headliner area.

As far as the GLS option over the Limited--that does make the GLS more appealing as I would have opted for the second row bench seat over the Limited Captain chairs because of the cup holder issue.

I do however, prefer the wheels on the Limited over the GLS.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts