Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change the halogen bulb in the headlight (standard-non-high-beam).

I've now bought two sets. The High Beams installed fine. But and each one for the normal headlight doesn't fit into the hole that is inside the H7 socket - ie the width of the LED tip is wider than the diameter of the hole.

Any suggestions of how to make this work? Can I change the socket to remove the hole? Or can I cut/file the hole to make it wider?

Photos to explain attached/linked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It comes with a retainer(black clip), right? This is a special H7 socket, which requires a retainer adapter. The universal H7 LED bulb does not fit. I found this video, but it is Hyundai Tucson, you can contact them if they have compatible retainer adapter for your Santa Fe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes with a retainer(black clip), right? This is a special H7 socket, which requires a retainer adapter. The universal H7 LED bulb does not fit. I found this video, but it is Hyundai Tucson, you can contact them if they have compatible retainer adapter for your Santa Fe
Not sure if it does (but i can get one anyway). But the retainer goes on the bottom/back of the led bulb. My problem is that the tip won't go through the hole in the current headlight framing (can't even get to the point of securing it, which the retainer is for). The led bulb itself already has a H7 retainer metal ring so doubt I need an adaptor to secure it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if it does (but i can get one anyway). But the retainer goes on the bottom/back of the led bulb. My problem is that the tip won't go through the hole in the current headlight framing (can't even get to the point of securing it, which the retainer is for). The led bulb itself already has a H7 retainer metal ring so doubt I need an adaptor to secure it.
It seems your headlight housing socket is the same as this one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes seems like - maybe even narrower. So if the housing socket won't fit the LED bulb what do i do?
Did you contact your sellers if they have the retainer adapter fit your Santa Fe?
I tried to contact the seller, and I was told this LED headlight bulb fits 2014 Santa Fe. The pic I attached is from this page: https://www.lasfit.com/collections/vehicle-specific-custom-led/products/pro-series-h7-led-headlight-bulb-retainer-adapter-perfect-fit-kia-optima-sorento

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still don't get how an adaptor or retainer will help in fitting the LED tip into a socket already there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've the same problem with mine the LED bulbs won't even fit into the projector housing any I've gotten are too wide. Did you ever find a solution?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've the same problem with mine the LED bulbs won't even fit into the projector housing any I've gotten are too wide. Did you ever find a solution?
You got the wrong bulb size? If you could send some pics to show your issue, maybe I could find a solution

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine are H7s but any H7 LED bulb I've gotten has been too wide so won't fit into the housing. The hole in the back of the headlamp is too small for anything other than a regular bulb to fit. Looks like there is only mm in it but it's enough to stop it fitting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you attach some images of the hole in the back of the headlamp and the original retainer clip?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts