Hyundai Forums banner

2014 Santa Fe DM (diesel) headlight change help

11K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Roxxen8789 
#1 ·
I am trying to change the halogen bulb in the headlight (standard-non-high-beam).

I've now bought two sets. The High Beams installed fine. But and each one for the normal headlight doesn't fit into the hole that is inside the H7 socket - ie the width of the LED tip is wider than the diameter of the hole.

Any suggestions of how to make this work? Can I change the socket to remove the hole? Or can I cut/file the hole to make it wider?

Photos to explain attached/linked.

See less See more
#2 ·
It comes with a retainer(black clip), right? This is a special H7 socket, which requires a retainer adapter. The universal H7 LED bulb does not fit. I found this video, but it is Hyundai Tucson, you can contact them if they have compatible retainer adapter for your Santa Fe

#3 ·
Not sure if it does (but i can get one anyway). But the retainer goes on the bottom/back of the led bulb. My problem is that the tip won't go through the hole in the current headlight framing (can't even get to the point of securing it, which the retainer is for). The led bulb itself already has a H7 retainer metal ring so doubt I need an adaptor to secure it.

#13 ·
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

Just letting you know that I have Hyundai Santa Fe 2012 and I have been doing some research about the LED. The problem is the OEM housing socket hole that is small too small to fit any LED conversion bulb. There are 2 things you need to remember.

1) The OEM Housing socket hole is too small.
2) You will need the bulb retainer holder adapter.

I have bought the Lasfit H7 LED (6000K) and the LED will not go inside the OEM housing socket hole. I cannot forced it. The only solution is to round file on the hole top and bottom hole for about 10 mins. The LED will go inside the OEM housing socket and your retainer holder adapter will lock inside headlight socket.

Here is the picture of the OEM housing socket. All you need to do is to round half file the top & bottom hole then your LED will fit right inside. You will need the retainer adapter to use the LED.

Have a great one!

Attachments

#16 ·
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

Just letting you know that I have Hyundai Santa Fe 2012 and I have been doing some research about the LED. The problem is the OEM housing socket hole that is small too small to fit any LED conversion bulb. There are 2 things you need to remember.

1) The OEM Housing socket hole is too small.
2) You will need the bulb retainer holder adapter.

I have bought the Lasfit H7 LED (6000K) and the LED will not go inside the OEM housing socket hole. I cannot forced it. The only solution is to round file on the hole top and bottom hole for about 10 mins. The LED will go inside the OEM housing socket and your retainer holder adapter will lock inside headlight socket.

Here is the picture of the OEM housing socket. All you need to do is to round half file the top & bottom hole then your LED will fit right inside. You will need the retainer adapter to use the LED.

Have a great one!
Save time, just use a cone drill!

#14 ·
I am trying to change the halogen bulb in the headlight (standard-non-high-beam).

I've now bought two sets. The High Beams installed fine. But and each one for the normal headlight doesn't fit into the hole that is inside the H7 socket - ie the width of the LED tip is wider than the diameter of the hole.

Any suggestions of how to make this work? Can I change the socket to remove the hole? Or can I cut/file the hole to make it wider?

Photos to explain attached/linked.

View attachment 440271
View attachment 440272

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.