Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2014 Santa Fe AWD with 73k miles. A couple weeks ago it started kicking on low gear shifts. First not so bad. Then one day it was kicking so hard it would hurt sitting in the car and made loud mechanical sounds. I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't replicate the issue. So they "reprogrammed" the transmission computer and sent me on my way. A week later it did the same thing. Its happening about an hour after driving around. It would be fine and then an hour later it would just start kicking on the low gear shifts. I stop at a light and then go and the first shift it's just a violent bang and jerking motion.

I brought it to a transmission shop two days after it was happening because it was happening on a Saturday afternoon and they can't replicate the issue either or find anything wrong. I showed them this video so they know its doing something but for now don't know what.
Video of hard shift (turn sound on):
I just wanted to see if anyone here has had the same problem? The vehicle is under an extended warranty program so I'm trying to get the shop to find the issue so I don't have to pay a fee for them to look at it and not find anything.

Thank you,
Shawn
Los Angeles, California

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few days ago my 2014 Santa Fe with 2600 miles while driving on the highway it seems like it down shift hard then shift back and all was normal. Has done it twice. Bringing it to the dealer next week . Love the Santa Fe but disappointed that a vehicle with only 2600 miles on it is having mechanical issues. Hoping is a simple fix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts