Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please provide me with information on how to remove the rear bumper cover from my 2014 Elantra Sport? Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Could someone please provide me with information on how to remove the rear bumper cover from my 2014 Elantra Sport? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Taillights (outer) > screws underneath > push-in rivets under the car (like 8 of them > Pull it right off the clips over the fender (veeeeeery carefully).

Reverse.
Source: did it 3 times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Error

Taillights (outer) > screws underneath > push-in rivets under the car (like 8 of them > Pull it right off the clips over the fender (veeeeeery carefully).

Reverse.
Source: did it 3 times.
I fell really stupid. I made a typo in my original post. It should say " my 2015 Elantra Sport" (not 2014) I apologize for the error. Can you help a poor typist?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
2014 and 2015 have the same bumper cover and Sports only made in Korea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks plus question

2014 and 2015 have the same bumper cover and Sports only made in Korea.
Thanks for the response. Could I ask you to explain the following items with the **
**Taillights (outer) > What does outer mean
screws underneath >
**push-in rivets under the car (like 8 of them > What are push-pin rivets
Pull it right off the clips over the fender (veeeeeery carefully).

I certainly do appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
By outer he means the tail lights that are not part of the trunk lid. There is an inner set of lights on the trunk lid and an outer set. The outer set can be removed by opening an access panel inside of the trunk and removing 3 nuts. Then disconnect the wiring harness.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks, I hope to get to it this weekend. I appreciate the help.
There you go, good luck with everything. Don't forget to remove the rivets under the bumper, they're a real pain to pull out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
You've got to remove screws that are behind the taillights. Then make sure you find all of the rivets before you start pulling on it. It's best to go slowly incase you missed one without knowing about it. Be careful because it's easy to break the rivets when taking them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts