Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife called me today and for the second time in about a week, she said while driving (cold engine) between 20-25 MPH the engine revs to 4500 RPM, drops immediately but the car does NOT lurch forward. This is a brand new engine (6000 miles on it). Also, to note, I replaced the battery about two weeks ago----could this change the shift points or affect it in any way?

Info----2014 SFS limited with 2.4L @ 122,500 miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check if there's a code when I get home because we have the check engine light on constantly due to a bad catalytic converter that probably happened during engine failure. Also, I don't know if this is coincidence, but the radio/console rebooted while she was driving to work as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep check ground, and check the battery terminal clamp too, they may be loose. You should not be able to move them around. When I replaced the batterie on mine, the terminal were staying loose even after over-torqueing the clamping nut and making sure the clamp was all the way down on the post. I had to put a battery post shim to have them clamp firmly.

A loose connection can cause many different intermittent and random issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, the cable was not loose nor was it tight. I tightened it it's very snug and we'll see what happens. I did take it for a test drive this am as the temperature was a bit chilly. When I went from reverse (out of the driveway) to forward, I did notice the engine wanted to or expected a gear change and did rev a bit higher, but I did not step on the gas, I just let it pick up speed on its own---it's weird, I can't really explain it. However, after that it was fine. I guess it needs to warm up? I will report back in about a week....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts