Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyways, i purchased the 2014 Limited 2.0T last month, and i got them to add in OEM mud guards when i bought the car..

so a week ago, they had me schedule an appointment to get the oem mud guards installed, an hour later, they come back out and say the '12 '13 model oem mud guards dont fit on the '2014

anyone know if this is this case? they said something like the sideskirts dont have holes for it or something, last time i checked the the body style/ except bumpers remained the same over the years no?

they said the 2014 specific model should be out by spring, but i dont think so because i i looked on the hyundai website it shows the '2012 model for the entire generation

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the splash guards for my '14 sonata and according to my dealer they are not available yet. Guess I wait

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Ring3 - I was going to order mine this week. I may check with them to see what they say. If they have a different story I'll let you know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So anyways, i purchased the 2014 Limited 2.0T last month, and i got them to add in OEM mud guards when i bought the car..

so a week ago, they had me schedule an appointment to get the oem mud guards installed, an hour later, they come back out and say the '12 '13 model oem mud guards dont fit on the '2014

anyone know if this is this case? they said something like the sideskirts dont have holes for it or something, last time i checked the the body style/ except bumpers remained the same over the years no?

they said the 2014 specific model should be out by spring, but i dont think so because i i looked on the hyundai website it shows the '2012 model for the entire generation
The rear bumpers are not the same on the 2014 vs the earlier model years. The 2014 is more vertical to the ground, covering more of the rear wheel arch, while the earlier models curve under more.

I've been thinking about mudguards for my 2014, but with the 2014 design, I'm not convinced they are even necessary.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the splash guards for my '14 sonata and according to my dealer they are not available yet. Guess I wait
thanks guys, was just wondering if it was just me..

they told me it should be out soon.. and have it pre-ordered just wasn't sure if they were lying

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cannot get mud guards for 2014 Sonata....dealer says not being made yet. Hyundai HQ looking into...they will advise if they are or are not going to be made. Amazing that this is even a question of availability since they were always made for earlier Sonata's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same story from Dealer

Traded in 2012 Turbo Limited for 2014 Limited (long story). Mud guards not available yet. Have been told my a couple of Hyundai dealerships that Hyundai has not shipped a lot of parts yet for their 2014 models. Just gotta wait....sigh!

·
Registered
2018 Tucson Limted/Ultimate 1.6T
15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tucson Limted/Ultimate 1.6T
15 Posts
Your guess is a good as mine but my fear appears to be coming true. That the 2014 Hyundai Sonata is going to be an orphan due to the fact it's not the same as the previous YF years and it is nothing at all like the 2015 model . . .

We're going to fall between the cracks for finding accessories/parts for the 2014 I'm guessing . . .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your guess is a good as mine but my fear appears to be coming true. That the 2014 Hyundai Sonata is going to be an orphan due to the fact it's not the same as the previous YF years and it is nothing at all like the 2015 model . . .

We're going to fall between the cracks for finding accessories/parts for the 2014 I'm guessing . . .
I disagree. The 2014 has all the YF upgrades added since 2011, including the Driver selectable steering settings that others try to acquire on earlier year models... with mixed results.

The 2014 has the back up camera, the touch screen radio (including forward and backward scan on USB media), the turn signal repeaters in the outside mirrors and the driver's blindspot mirror... and a rear bumper that does NOT need mudguards at all.

Lots of items on the 2014 not included in previous years, just what a manufacturer will typically do in loading up a last model year car to prop-up sales.

As the last production year of the YF body style, it is an orphan, no doubt about it. But buyers should be able to get some great deals midyear.

I couldn't care less about the 2015 model. It looks completely milktoast boring to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
im more upset over the fact that the mud guards would look great on my '14 yet we don't have it. also, there are a couple chips on my car that couldve been avoided with the guards. hopefully they come out with them soon!!!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
im more upset over the fact that the mud guards would look great on my '14 yet we don't have it. also, there are a couple chips on my car that couldve been avoided with the guards. hopefully they come out with them soon!!!
If it makes you feel any better,I am waiting with you. I just hope they do decide to make them which may not even happen. :frown:

·
Registered
795 Posts

I can tell you my experience with them. When I made the purchase of my 2014 Sonata GLS in February, I told the salesman I wanted mud guards added. He said no problem, and would throw them in at no charge. He said they would have to be ordered and I could come back when they came in. I waited about a month and called the salesman back. He said to come on in and that they had a set waiting for me. I set an appointment and drove the 50 miles to the dealer. After about a half hour, they came to me and told me they tried to install some 2013 guards, but they would not fit properly. I asked them when the 2014's would actually come out, and they said they had no idea. The salesman finally told me to try and find aftermarket guards, and that he would pay for them.

After many hours of trying to find them elsewhere, I learned that, since the 2014 was a single year model, that no one was going to gear up and make them, including Hyundai. So for now I have given up looking. Who knows though. Eventually somebody might make some.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I purchased my front and rear mud guards from an on-line retailer from Korea. Their listing is for an OEM and when it arrived it has a Mobis sticker. It only cost me US$27.00 for the full set last year May 2013.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
pinoy_eh;2855993[B said:
]I purchased my front and rear mud guards from an on-line retailer from Korea.[/B] Their listing is for an OEM and when it arrived it has a Mobis sticker. It only cost me US$27.00 for the full set last year May 2013.

Your car is a 2014 ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts