Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Mike.................2011 Sonata's were produced for many more than 12 months..........2012 models were produced for less than 12 months and 2013's have been on the market for around 17 months. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Because of that, I just don't see Hyundai bringing any models to market on some type of "normal" frequency.

Dave

·
Registered
486 Posts
More than once I've been told late October..............

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've heard in October and also after the 1st of the year. I do know the dealers have a lot of 2013's on hand and seem to still be getting more. They are doing heavy discounting for sales!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike.................2011 Sonata's were produced for many more than 12 months..........2012 models were produced for less than 12 months and 2013's have been on the market for around 17 months. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Because of that, I just don't see Hyundai bringing any models to market on some type of "normal" frequency.

Dave
True - must be some marketing strategy behind that. Santa Fes are now in as well.

·
Registered
486 Posts
From varied Forum opinions I wanted to see what is inferior about the Optima vs. Sonata and discovered several '14 Optimas have arrived here, although no printed information exists yet online or at the dealer. Come on, Hyundai, let's get going!!!

I didn't see "inferior" during my first visit (really liked it) , but having decided on trading for a '14 "something "will be anxious to learn the "why's".

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I am comparing 3 vehicles for my 2014 purchase.

1. Hyundai Sonata
2. Kia Optiima
3. Ford Fusion

All 3 models will/already have a cooled seat by the end of 2014 production. The Fusion is nice. I've driven a 2014 exactly the way I want it just w/o the cooled seat option which has late availability. The Optima and Sonata will need to be seen and driven before I decide. I truly like the Sonata's look the best with the Fusion a close second.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I am comparing 3 vehicles for my 2014 purchase.

1. Hyundai Sonata
2. Kia Optiima
3. Ford Fusion

All 3 models will/already have a cooled seat by the end of 2014 production. The Fusion is nice. I've driven a 2014 exactly the way I want it just w/o the cooled seat option which has late availability. The Optima and Sonata will need to be seen and driven before I decide. I truly like the Sonata's look the best with the Fusion a close second.
You may also want to check the Lincoln MKZ. To my eye, it is a more refined version of the Fusion exterior. Plus, from what I have heard, they don't sell for anywhere close to sticker! If I were shopping today, it would definitely make my short list.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may also want to check the Lincoln MKZ. To my eye, it is a more refined version of the Fusion exterior. Plus, from what I have heard, they don't sell for anywhere close to sticker! If I were shopping today, it would definitely make my short list.
MKZ is close to 50k loaded. Apples and oranges.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
My Kia dealer called me this morning. They got their first 2014 Optima. It isn't fully loaded but he said within 10 days they will get an SXL.

And again no word from Hyundai anywhere on the 2014 Sonata.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Kia Optima 2014 SX Pics.
I was told the SXL has Nappa Leather and Chrome Wheels.
I like the tail lights and D shaped steering wheel.
If I had one bad thing to say about the car it would be the amount of plastic they put on the door panels. Almost the whole door panel is plastic. Yuck!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Kia's dashboard STILL looks like 1980's GM engineering. I know they have to look different than Hyundai but good grief.....

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Just some more info on the 2014 Optima SX.
The car did have the new Blind Spot Assist System, a larger navigation screen, No LED DRL's, LED Front Parking lights, approx 4.5K HID headlamps, a lower rear bumper diffuser which you can't see well in the pic, and of course the all important Cooled Front Seats. The under hood area is identical to the 2013. It stickered for $33.2K if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
33 grand for a midsize Kia?? My how times have changed. The vents look like gumby.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just some more info on the 2014 Optima SX.
The car did have the new Blind Spot Assist System, a larger navigation screen, No LED DRL's, LED Front Parking lights, approx 4.5K HID headlamps, a lower rear bumper diffuser which you can't see well in the pic, and of course the all important Cooled Front Seats. The under hood area is identical to the 2013. It stickered for $33.2K if I remember correctly.

thanks for posting all that info and pictures for us!!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
@quietfly Thank you!

I hate to say it but I'm leaning towards the Ford Fusion. It comes with a Forward Collision Warning/Prevention System and Rain sensing wipers plus every other option I want. Once the cooled seats come into production I might be a defector. A fully loaded 2014 Fusion the way I built it online is $36,181. The Kia Optima SXL is surely going to be at least $35.5K. I just hope the 2014 Sonata comes in around $31.5K with a cooled seat. Then it's going to be a hard decision between Ford and Hyundai. If only Hyundai would release some info or the car.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
@quietfly Thank you!

I hate to say it but I'm leaning towards the Ford Fusion. It comes with a Forward Collision Warning/Prevention System and Rain sensing wipers plus every other option I want. Once the cooled seats come into production I might be a defector. A fully loaded 2014 Fusion the way I built it online is $36,181. The Kia Optima SXL is surely going to be at least $35.5K. I just hope the 2014 Sonata comes in around $31.5K with a cooled seat. Then it's going to be a hard decision between Ford and Hyundai. If only Hyundai would release some info or the car.
Cooled seats are "late 2014 availability" so watch carefully. They have tinkered with availability and options a bit. However I very much enjoy mine. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
@quietfly Thank you!

My brother just picked up his 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD tonight with the 2.0 Ecoboost. It is a very nice car, many more buttons and options to play with compared to my 2011 Turbo. The one thing I HATE about the Fusion are the wipers. They are set up like an old Grand Prix or minivan...they wipe from the middle out. I would not buy a Fusion for that fact alone! WTF was Ford thinking?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My Kia dealer called me this morning. They got their first 2014 Optima. It isn't fully loaded but he said within 10 days they will get an SXL.

And again no word from Hyundai anywhere on the 2014 Sonata.
I read the first 2014 Sonatas hit production 9/30. Not sure how long after they will be in showrooms.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
My brother just picked up his 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD tonight with the 2.0 Ecoboost. It is a very nice car, many more buttons and options to play with compared to my 2011 Turbo. The one thing I HATE about the Fusion are the wipers. They are set up like an old Grand Prix or minivan...they wipe from the middle out. I would not buy a Fusion for that fact alone! WTF was Ford thinking?
Weird that I never noticed the wiper pattern on the 2014 Fusion but I did work for Pontiac for 20 years and owned the Grand Prix and Trans Sport models which both had the crazy wipers. I actually have no preference since both types do the job well. The Trans Sport high wiper speed was so fast that it actually shook the van but they worked great even with that huge windshield. Now I have to sit in the Ford again. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts