Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so the 2014 Limited's now come with fancy tail lights..about time it came to the US. With that being said, anyone know if these tail lights would be plug and play if ordered at a Hyundai dealership? If I was to order online, not sure if they'd come wired like the Korean models..? Anyone have any knowledge on this?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to locate the item. Previous LED tail lights 2011-13 were factory in Korea. But had to be wired a certain way to work here in the US. I bought those when I had my 2011.

The cars are wired different between the US and Korea. I'm pretty sure the link you just provided isn't plug and play, especially when it's not specified that it is.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
The ones shipped from Korea at the moment are not plug and play for the US models.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Removing the connector from the the original lights is a pain. I damaged the connector base when removing them. I tried several tools and picks but could not remove them as others have suggested. Anyway, it doesn't really affect anything. Took me 5 hours to install.. I do light electrical work and if you aren't familiar with testing for voltage, crimping and soldering, it may take you longer to install

·
Registered
82 Posts
Question: Are those lights standard on the new Sonatas? I saw a Sonata with the chiseled back like the new ones and the hybrid, the new diffuser on the bottom also - It wasn't a hybrid, but it had pretty basic looking wheels and the old style tail lights. In fact, I could swear I saw the "Limited" badge. I thought those lights were the standard for the 2014s.... no?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Only comes on the optional limited technology package. That adds pano roof xenon headlights, 8 inch touchscreen with nav and 12 speakers and of course the LED taillights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts