Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new at this, never used forums, so please let me know if I should have posted this message elsewhere...

My car has an old media software and I would like to have it upgraded to a newer version that supports Android Auto etc... is this possible? I do not want to change any hardware though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and merry Christmas!
Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new at this, never used forums, so please let me know if I should have posted this message elsewhere...

My car has an old media software and I would like to have it upgraded to a newer version that supports Android Auto etc... is this possible? I do not want to change any hardware though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and merry Christmas!
Roger
I am in the same boat, did you manage to find anything out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the 2019 software and maps upgrade on eBay for about $10, put it on a usb stick and it took 1 hour to install on my 2013 model. It even overrides the annoying battery saver feature that turns off radio after engine stopped for about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also got the 2019 upgrade from ebay for 9.99 took about an hour and forty mins but worked a treat, several long delays but wait them out. Only works on Gen1 (USB not SDcard)
I40 62plate 2013 reg

·
Registered
3 Posts
The seller I got it from is no longer active, but I searched ‘Hyundai sat nav update’ and got 2 sellers asking for around £25 for the same maps.

(sent you a pm 😉)

·
Registered
6 Posts
searched this
Hyundai & KIA 2019 GPS Navigation Maps & Firmware update (Kia_Gen1x 2010-2015)
seller Cavalier666 £9.99
hope that helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also got the 2019 upgrade from ebay for 9.99 took about an hour and forty mins but worked a treat, several long delays but wait them out. Only works on Gen1 (USB not SDcard)
I40 62plate 2013 reg
I have a 2011 I40. Do you know if this update will work on mine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts