Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Click on this link to read the entire press release at the end of the article. 2014 Hyundai Sonata gets host of improvements, starts at $21,350* - Autoblog There are quite a few changes mentioned in the Press Release so it's worth your time to read it.

Hyundai has announced improvements for the 2014 Sonata, as well as a price increase of $450 for the base GLS model, which has a MSRP of $21,350. That doesn't include the *$795 destination fee, which was increased by $20 for 2014. The most expensive Sonata, the Limited Turbo, starts at $28,650, also not including destination.

The new features are numerous, but only a fraction of them come standard on all Sonata models. The new standard features shared by the GLS, SE, SE 2.0T and Limited models include a refined grille design (which isn't too different from the 2013 model, if we're honest), HID headlights, LED taillights, a slightly revised rear fascia, Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) and a tire-specific tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). To improve noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), all Sonatas also get improved carpet, more foam in the A and B pillars and an additional dynamic damper.

Hyundai has added a rearview camera and blind spot mirror as standard equipment on SE and Limited Sonatas, and it's also offered on the GLS with the Popular Equipment Package. Blind spot detection also makes its debut on the Sonata, which is standard on Limited models and part of the Premium Package on SE models. The GLS isn't slated for a blind spot detection system.

Some of the other features on SE and Limited Sonatas that are now standard include a full-leather steering wheel and new color audio screens with HD Radio and rearview camera integration. Limited models get new ventilated driver's seats, while SE models come with carbon fiber trim. The 274-horsepower turbocharged SE 2.0T now features a sport-tuned exhaust.

Head on below for pricing information and the full press release detailing all of the updates Hyundai has in store for the 2014 Sonata.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Factory HID and LEDs!!!!!

Wonder if these can be retrofitted to a 2011.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Factory HID and LEDs!!!!!

Wonder if these can be retrofitted to a 2011.
Based on what we know about the LED tails, I would guess the HID would be able to be retrofitted. Just wouldn't be very cost effective.

IIRC one of the members here did buy the KDM HID headlights and wiring and it was a pain to get it working due to differences in the USDM car wiring. However the projectors are nicer and have a better cutoff. But it was like $1K or so all said and done.

Retrofitting the existing headlight housings would be just a good quality wise. And you could get the new sexy tail lights with coin left over.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I looked at a white '14 Limited 2.0T today on the showroom floor, it had the new rear bumper, new style stereo and auto climate control, and full leather steering wheel, but it did not have the LED tail lights (I looked it over closely). Are those tail lights only on the SE?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I looked at a white '14 Limited 2.0T today on the showroom floor, it had the new rear bumper, new style stereo and auto climate control, and full leather steering wheel, but it did not have the LED tail lights (I looked it over closely). Are those tail lights only on the SE?
Doesn't come on the SE, only for Limited models with the Tech package.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Ah, I see. I doubt we'll see very many on the road with those tails then.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The Canadian SE model has Auto Climate control, Panoramic sunroof, Led tail lights and dual exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts