Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is not working at all and needed guidance.

Took car to dealer and just want to make sure they are not just trying to take my money.

The dealership said that the car battery needs to be changed and the fuse in the safety plug blew. What does this mean? Cost is around $700.

When you try and turn the car on, since it's a push start the car doesn't even recognize the key.

It says key not detected and then the car starts making weird noises. But nothing on the inside comes on except the lights and says it needs repair and the car clock shows.

Also, when you push the brake down it says check brake.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I will take power relay for $580, service connect for $190 I think is, and couple hr labor,, unless it under 100,000 mile and original owner..

Need service plug to get back most all systems, then do a complete fault code search,, I suspect P1B77, P1B25

SUBJECT: HYBRID POWER RELAY DTC P1B25, P1B76, P1B77, P0A0D
---------------------------------------------------------------------

This TSB supersedes TSB 14-HC-002 to revise Parts Information.

Description:

On certain Sonata (YF HEV) vehicles, the power relay assembly (PRA) or HEV safety plug may cause the following symptoms and related DTC.

Follow the Service Procedure before diagnosing the Hybrid battery.

Applicable Vehicles: 2011~ Sonata Hybrid (YF HEV)

Warning light:

 No “EV Ready” mode or “Ready” light blinks on and off
 Check Engine light on
 Charging warning light on
 “Wrench” symbol (Service Indicator) blinks on and off

Drivability symptoms:

 Vehicle will not move from a stop or gasoline engine will not turn on.
 Warning in the instrument cluster display: “Hybrid System Warning! Safely stop and Do Not
Drive” and/or alarm sound.

DTC List:

P0A0D -- High Voltage System Interlock Circuit High --> HEV safety plug

P1B25 -- High Voltage Path Fault --> Power relay assembly

P1B76 -- High Voltage Relay Fault --> Power relay assembly

P1B77 -- High Voltage Precharging Fault --> Power relay assembly

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on your vague description, I'll venture the above remedy is what you is after..... safe plug to get power back, full scan for codes in Hybrid modules..

I have done 3 or 4 Power Relay since Nov 2017, (2) here in last month or so, and Power relay recently in a "LF" Sonata
already

Might find some of my daily life here in this topic (pics too).. --> http://www.hyundai-forums.com/sonat...hybrid-limited-check-hybrid-system-issue.html

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Another YF Hybrid "TOW-IN" today.. consulting with FSE as to how to approach this one..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Another YF Hybrid "TOW-IN" today.. consulting with FSE as to how to approach this one..

Transmission Electric Oil Pump again.. Put into gear,,, just sits there,,step on pedal, after a second or 2,, WHAM into gear..

Ended up with EOP, popped end cap off, sun gear for pump just spins on the electric motor shaft.. motor runs ---> no oil pump movement...

Guess I need to start a "GIG" with pump mod to secure sun to motor shaft.. I have friend that does laser welding..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts