Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, Im brand new to this forum and have a question for anybody who has replaced their hood emblems. Mine was stolen, and Im not sure if there is supposed to be a black plastic shape of the emblem that it clips onto or if its supposed to only clip around the edges. I have searched all over youtube and the internet and cannot find a replacement guide or video on how to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As stated in the title, I have a 2014 sonata gls. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This doesn't show a black background.

https://tinyurl.com/ycyca4w4
Thank you for your response, what I meant was in other videos of other hyundai models i was able to find, once you remove the emblem, there is black plastic in the shape of the emblem with two holes where the clips would go i guess, and my sonata doesn’t have that so I am curious if whoever stole the emblem accidentally broke that piece off while stealing the emblem or if Im just not seeing how it would connect. The dealership i bought the replacement from took my vin and gave me the emblem, but I found out yesterday my sonata is a 13 and not a 14 so maybe i was sold the wrong piece

Attachments

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I believe the grill is sold without the emblem, and it has the black oval frame you are missing. Maybe a body shop could tell you for sure! :wink2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats what I was afraid of unfortunately that, that particuliar piece was broken off and now I need to replace that whole grill piece ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts