Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Hyundai i10 about a month ago and everything a has seemed fine until this morning when I went to unlock my car and the central locking simply didn't work or respond to the unlock button.

I then opened it manually which set the car alarm off until I switched the engine on when it then turned off.

I have switched to my second key and also checked if I left the car in a normal way which believe I did and the problem still happens.

I have tested the locking system from the inside when I was in the car which all works fine locking and unlocking its just when using the key.

But the weird thing is that sometimes I will press it and it will work and sometimes it wont, its almost random and only does it when it feels like it.

Anyone have any idea if I'm doing something wrong or its something like a blown fuse.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't suspect a blown fuse since it isn't permanent. Have you changed the batteries and/or tried at different locations (i.e. with potentially less interference)?

I have switched to my second key and also checked if I left the car in a normal way which believe I did and the problem still happens.
What do you mean with "normal way" and which way is "not normal"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't suspect a blown fuse since it isn't permanent. Have you changed the batteries and/or tried at different locations (i.e. with potentially less interference)?

I have not changed any batteries as i don’t want to do anything hardware just in case it’s something i’m doing wrong and not the actual car.

I have tried it at a different location and i’m pretty sure it was a bit better but not 100% sure if it always worked when i was at a different location but will check again today.

But now that i think about it i’m pretty sure it did work all the time when doing it not at my house but it was always fine at my house before so why would it suddenly change.

What do you mean with "normal way" and which way is "not normal"?
And just like leaving the lights on or leaving something in the car switched on that shouldn’t be switched on to see if that is what was causing it.

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very first job would be to replace both key batteries with good ones. The range would certainly be starting to go down if the batteries are originals at six years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts