Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a 2014 Hyundai Elantra limited purchased in 2018 from a dealership. It currently has 113,000 miles on it. Over a week ago the car was clicking and wouldn’t start, we ended up replacing the alternator battery, oil chain he, tire change and alignment. Today I was driving the car down the street and it stalled over 12 times everytime I either had to stop or slow down the vehicle. No lights stayed on, engine light briefly flashed. I attempted to shut off and turn back on and it didn’t fix the problem..: any ideas? I just spent $1400 on the other repairs so I’m not sure what it could be now

·
Registered
2014 Hyunda Elantra GT
2 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 2014 Hyundai Elantra limited purchased in 2018 from a dealership. It currently has 113,000 miles on it. Over a week ago the car was clicking and wouldn’t start, we ended up replacing the alternator battery, oil chain he, tire change and alignment. Today I was driving the car down the street and it stalled over 12 times everytime I either had to stop or slow down the vehicle. No lights stayed on, engine light briefly flashed. I attempted to shut off and turn back on and it didn’t fix the problem..: any ideas? I just spent $1400 on the other repairs so I’m not sure what it could be now
I hate to break it to you but those 12 stalls probably killed the engine. They have been seizing left and right. I'm shocked you got 12 stalls out of it when it started though, my 2014 Elantra GT stalled only once while in gear and it died instantly after like 20 seconds of noises I should never of heard, it all happened too quick. Was the work you did at the Hyundai Dealership?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Personally, I am done replying to members with 1-2 posts. Most are trolls - they start B.S. threads and never return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.