Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership today and looked at the 2014 santa fe's. Ok here we go in the side mirror, it has the etching for the blind spot alert. A lot of colors interior wise. And heAted and cool seats on 2 of the cars I looked at. I wonder if anything can be moved over to 2013, such as the blind spot system. I called and they couldn't even pull up the part number up. I wish I would have waited one year!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went to the dealership today and looked at the 2014 santa fe's. Ok here we go in the side mirror, it has the etching for the blind spot alert. A lot of colors interior wise.
I thought there were no exterior or interior color changes for '14?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thats the thing. It'll always be a "wish I waited one year"

The only thing I'm gonna do different this time is not keep the vehicle 11 yrs and drive it till my trade in is only worth $1000. I'm going to keep my 2013 a few...like 5 yrs then trade in. By then the vehicle will still have some trade in value and in 5 yrs there will plenty of new goodies on a say 2018 santa fe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I went to the dealership today and looked at the 2014 santa fe's. Ok here we go in the side mirror, it has the etching for the blind spot alert. A lot of colors interior wise. And heAted and cool seats on 2 of the cars I looked at. I wonder if anything can be moved over to 2013, such as the blind spot system. I called and they couldn't even pull up the part number up. I wish I would have waited one year!!
I've got Blind-Spot-Detection on my 2013... It's called turning my head and checking the blind-spot like a competent human being.

Also, heated and cooled seats aren't new for 2014 - I have heated and cooled seats on my 2013 (no smart-a$$ comment here).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've got Blind-Spot-Detection on my 2013... It's called turning my head and checking the blind-spot like a competent human being.

Also, heated and cooled seats aren't new for 2014 - I have heated and cooled seats on my 2013 (no smart-a$$ comment here).
He's in Ohio. The US model's don't have cooled seats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I finally did get to drive a 2014 demo vehicle yesterday. I'm actually glad I bought the 2013. They tried to get me to trade in my new 2013. From the discount levels I paid on that to what I can get on the 2014, the few new features on the 2014 would have cost me $3000.

Here is my take.

Rear parking assist, kind of pointless with a backup camera. basically the car beeps if something is in the yellow, and beeps faster if in the red.

Blind spot, I tired testing this the best I could but I was never able to trigger a warning when the car wasn't already visible in the mirror. So basically it was a little yellow warning that the car you see in your mirror is actually there.

Cooled seats, I can imagine some people love them and some people hat them. It was only 30 degrees so I only had them on for a few seconds but they felt like cooled seats feel, weird.

LED Taillights, I think people are going to be disappointed here. If you wanted that dotted look, like Audi, then keep looking. These are heavily lensed. To me there is not much difference than the standard lights. You can see there is multiple light sources but it's nothing like dotted led look.

HID, HID's are love them or hate them. I don't care form them. These seem to suffer from one of my major complaints ,about other cars, and that is they are aimed very low. I did confirm they can not be adjusted. They self align and self level only. No manual adjustments.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rear parking assist, kind of pointless with a backup camera. basically the car beeps if something is in the yellow, and beeps faster if in the red.
I expected the rear parking assist to be a "smart" parking assist system that would automatically turn your steering wheel for you. If it is just beeping, I don't think I am gonna miss it much.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I expected the rear parking assist to be a "smart" parking assist system that would automatically turn your steering wheel for you. If it is just beeping, I don't think I am gonna miss it much.
All the dealer mentioned was the beeping and that's all it did for me. I never felt it try to turn the wheel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It definitely is not a "smart parking system" that turns the wheel for you. I believe the Ford Escape does offer that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am really curious if the Blind Spot System can somehow be installed on the 2013.
I would venture to guess it would be pretty expensive. You would need the mirrors, the controller, the sensors which I think is in the side of the bumpers, and the wiring harness. It would be a couple grand at least.

To me I didn't see much value in the system. With properly adjusted mirrors I was never able to trigger it without being able to easily see the vehicle in the side mirror. Since the alert is in the mirror, you would be looking at the mirror and would easily see the car. That's my opinion. Personally I don't really have much of a blind spot in this car, maybe people of different heights do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that the blind spot/auto lane departure systems are not a must for most people but they are nice security features.

What I am most pleased with what they added is the memory seats since we are 2 drivers, the newly available black leather for the 2.4L (here in Canada) and the integrated roof rails for the pano sun roof.

There rest was just gravy...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our KDM unit does not have blind spot monitors as well only lane departure warning which I don't even use, it also has memory seats for driver side. PHDM models have the lane departure warning on the top spec model, I can't remember if it does have memory seats.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you talking about 2014?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree that the blind spot/auto lane departure systems are not a must for most people but they are nice security features.

What I am most pleased with what they added is the memory seats since we are 2 drivers, the newly available black leather for the 2.4L (here in Canada) and the integrated roof rails for the pano sun roof.

There rest was just gravy...

If it's true that the 2014 Santa Fe has cooled seats and position memory for two...I might trade my Sonata for a truck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts