Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a 2014 Equus Ultimate. When testing the vehicle all of the seats worked fine.

Last night I pressed the relax function on the rear console. After the front passenger seat slid forward it is now stuck in the most forward position. All other front passenger seat functions are fine, other than the forward/backward sliding of the base.

Can not get it into a Genesis dealership untill next week. My independent mechanic does not have a fix. I was just curious of anyone has experience with this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

The seats (both drivers side and passenger side front) has travel limit switches. I had a similar issue with my 2014 Equus, in that the drivers seat would not go back, only forward. The dealer tried to see me a new switch assembly, but that didnt make sense to me, so I taped my phone to a yardstick and slide it underneath the seat and recorded what was there. Sure enough the plug on the end of travel sensor has partially off, plugging it back in snugly resolved the issue. The passenger seat works the same way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

The seats (both drivers side and passenger side front) has travel limit switches. I had a similar issue with my 2014 Equus, in that the drivers seat would not go back, only forward. The dealer tried to see me a new switch assembly, but that didnt make sense to me, so I taped my phone to a yardstick and slide it underneath the seat and recorded what was there. Sure enough the plug on the end of travel sensor has partially off, plugging it back in snugly resolved the issue. The passenger seat works the same way.
Thanks for the info, a couple nights ago my daughter was kicking the seats. So laid the chair back all the way forward so she was not able to reach. After doing that it seems all is well. I guess the combination of the kicking and movement of the chair back may have reestablished the connection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info, a couple nights ago my daughter was kicking the seats. So laid the chair back all the way forward so she was not able to reach. After doing that it seems all is well. I guess the combination of the kicking and movement of the chair back may have reestablished the connection?
That makes sense, I know with the passenger side, its designed to go all of the way forward and fold which is handy, and great when you need to take a nap in the back seat. :) Glad it is working again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts