Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I don't think the LED ribbon is replaceable.

Not saying it can't be done, just not a listed part.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone know what type of light bulb it use and is it replaceable? my 2014 Elantra Sport part of the running light goes off. see the picture.
Looks like your side marker light is out. It's the 4th bulb in your headlight assembly - the farthest one to the back. Its a W5W 12v 5 watt bulb. Doesn't show up on the headlight component image. Be careful taking it out - it sits up on a "pedestal" and the contacts in the base only work one way. There are LED replacements for it that will last much longer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The lights in question are called "Parking/ Position Lights". They are LED and I do not believe they are replaceable.

They are #4 in the image below (from the owners manual).

The chart below (also from the owners manual) states that they are LED's and not a bulb. It's a bit confusing as the text says 28/8/LED. This is because the list bulb list covers all versions of the car, including those that did not come with the LED position headlights.

In his response. Kindoldman showed #7 as the bulb, but this bulb would be on cars without the LED Position Lights.

I'm afraid if the LED's are not working the only way to fix would be to replace headlight or to open them up and replace damaged components.

My best guess (as an Engineer) is that the LED's themselves are not bad but rather the supporting circuitry that controls them has burned up. I had similar issues in the past with LED third brake lights dropping out several of the LED's. When I opened up the stop light I found a burned up diode used for power regulation had desintegrated. I unsoldered it and replaced it with the same type (I worked in an electronics repair lab at the time) and it worked great until the day I sold the car.

If someone can confirm that I am wrong, please let me know. I would love that the light would be replaceable. That would mean a swap to a higher output one would be possible. But looking at mine, there appears to be several LEDs, and not just one bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts