Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elantra gt has ~98,000 miles. Just over a week ago my original battery died so I bought a new one. The next day the car wouldn't turn over to start. I got a jump. A couple days later the same thing. The OBD reader read code P0106. I replaced three MAP sensor, but the problem continues. When thr code exists, sometimes three car will start but run with little power. What is strange is the car only seems to have trouble starting once it's sat 15-60 after being driven. If the car starts cold it runs great and no code exists. I also replaced the spark plugs. I read this is a common problem but could use advice to find a solution.
Please help! I am tired of wondering if my car will start and if I'm ruining the engine.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,986 Posts
P0106 is often logged on when the battery is replaced because the PCM adaption memory gets erased when the battery is disconnected. But from what I've read on other threads, there aren't usually any starting or running problems when the code is logged. And the warning light switches off on it's own once the PCM readapts.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0106 is often logged on when the battery is replaced because the PCM adaption memory gets erased when the battery is disconnected. But from what I've read on other threads, there aren't usually any starting or running problems when the code is logged. And the warning light switches off on it's own once the PCM readapts.

Thank you, i am now thinking about purchasing an OEM map sensor to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.