Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone here has had to have their engine in their 2014 Elantra replaced for any reason? Curious since reading the threads about 2011-2013 engine replacements has me wondering if 2014s are susceptible to the engine knock problem. I did a search but couldn't find much. I own a 2014 and the engine has been fine so far (40,000 miles). The car overall has been great, other than a clunky sounding front suspension and having to get the steering gear replaced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2015 with a seized engine. Its been two months so far waiting for a new one and they are saying June. In the process of a BBB arbitration. Next up attorney general ,FTC and a lawyer who is collecting evidence for a class action lawsuit against this horrible lying company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do your car a favor, use best synthetic and oil filter that you can afford. I think it would be fine.

I have the 14 Elantra SE which I bought brand new. Now, it has 70k miles. No problem whatsoever.

My friend has 13 which used to be a rental car. Now, it almost reaches 80k. Only thing I replaced is a brake, battery, and tire.

A minority of us have a problem but when it fails, it fails. Therefore, take care it good as you can, don't worry too much.

At least u are not paying arm and leg for this car. You can easily buy used one after 5 years with good price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2014 Hyundai Elantra Limited started having a knocking sound back in February and they told me i would have to have the short block replaced. They finally gave me an ETA which was early to mid may. Now, they are saying it will be early to mid July. Luckily they have paying for the rental car. (I bought the car brand new and it only has around 54,000 miles on it. I have heard this is more likely to happen during the winter.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts