Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 13 Tech for about 2 months now. I did check today on the 14, the driver mirror has the blind spot feature in it so I ordered a mirror for the 14 today in hopes that it will fit my 13. The housings and everything else looks identical. I will see. If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it, the dealer was nice enough to order it and said if it did not work no problem, I did not have to keep or pay for it. $ 45.00 was the price quoted. I would much rather have this than the stick on blind spots from the parts store.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Let us know if it fits and works. Unfortunately, the 14's don't come in Smoke Gray so I won't be able to order them for my car unless I have them painted. Are you sure the entire drivers door mirror is only $45, that sounds awfully cheap.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Had my 13 Tech for about 2 months now. I did check today on the 14, the driver mirror has the blind spot feature in it so I ordered a mirror for the 14 today in hopes that it will fit my 13. The housings and everything else looks identical. I will see. If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it, the dealer was nice enough to order it and said if it did not work no problem, I did not have to keep or pay for it. $ 45.00 was the price quoted. I would much rather have this than the stick on blind spots from the parts store.
$45 for this system....I can't believe it
I looked up the price of a replacement mirror assembly and it sells for over $170 without the blind spot feature

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Missunderstood

$45 for this system....I can't believe it
I looked up the price of a replacement mirror assembly and it sells for over $170 without the blind spot feature
I must have posted this and was unclear. The $ 45.00 is for the glass mirror on the driver side of the car, the glass only. The mirror housing and internals remain the same. It has in the upper left corner of the mirror and rectangle that is angled differently so you can see vehicles beside you. This solution will not provide any warning to you just allow you to see better.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Want to save $45. Go to you tube and search How to adjust rear view mirrors... You won,t need that special
Mirror..... This procedure really works

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want to save $45. Go to you tube and search How to adjust rear view mirrors... You won,t need that special
Remind yourself to watch that video after you run into the side of someone on the interstate and possible cause a crash because they were not visible. This is great car but has a large blind spot on the side. Better safe than devistated !

·
Registered
226 Posts

You are so RIGHT, It works perfect. I can't believe that for the past 30 years or more I have been adding round,square,who knows what other shape convex mirrors to have that extra small view of what's going on to my immediate left side.

·
22,793 Posts
I want a "play by play" recount of how difficult it was to remove the old mirror and install the new one. Complete with steps and pics, if possible. Personally, I LIKE that new spot mirror look on the 2014's.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not sure on Azera but on my Ford Expedition you have to disassemble the mirror, high chance of breaking plastic pegs that mount mirror to motor mounts that are electrically controlled to move the mirror.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Replacing just the mirror glass can be tricky unless you know how the original mirror glass is attached. Usually, you do not have to remove the mirror housing from the car. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the Azera factory service manual does not provide the procedure for replacing just the glass so you have to figure it out by yourself. Look at the plastic backing plate of the new mirror glass assembly to see what kind of attachment is used. Some snap in, some have hooks that are first engaged on one side, like the top, then the other side is snapped in. Once you see how the mirror is attached, tilt the glass of the existing mirror fully in the opposite direction to open a gap where you need to insert a lever to pry the backing plate from its mounts. Be careful to not scratch the existing plastic mirror housing. As you remove the mirror, look for a wire connector for the mirror heater and carefully disconnect it.

Now that you know how the old mirror came off, getting the new one mounted is easy. Just remember to reconnect the heater wire first.

However, if all you receive is the glass with no plastic backing plate, the procedure is to use a putty knife to pry the existing mirror glass from the backing plate. Usually the old mirror glass is already broken, so prying off the broken pieces is easy. You may have to shatter your old mirror to get in between the glass and backing plate. Once you have removed the old glass and cleaned off any remaining adhesive, you glue the new glass in place with the supplied adhesive, typically peel-and-stick mounting tape circles. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing this procedure.

When you are done, be sure to post the procedure since others may want to do the same to their 2012-13 Azeras.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I want a "play by play" recount of how difficult it was to remove the old mirror and install the new one. Complete with steps and pics, if possible. Personally, I LIKE that new spot mirror look on the 2014's.
Me too!!! Also The 2014 got the power folding feature !!! And I really love that one!!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have a question for those that have owned power folding mirrors. What happens if you bump into the mirror. Will it still manually fold out of the way, or does bumping the mirror risk damaging the mirror folding motor mechanism?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have a question for those that have owned power folding mirrors. What happens if you bump into the mirror. Will it still manually fold out of the way, or does bumping the mirror risk damaging the mirror folding motor mechanism?
When I had a 2007 Azera it had power folding mirrors that you could manual fold in so I guess if you hit the mirrors it should be OK. I think you could damage them if your reverse speed was high :=)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I will contact my dealer to find out how much cost the new one and how different are they from connector to housing !! I really want tho make the retrofit during this year !!!

·
22,793 Posts
Keep us posted, Carlos! I'm really interested in this. In the meanwhile, send me some warm weather. And if you can't do that, a couple bottles of your best Rum will suffice. That should help me stay warm. :wink2:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Keep us posted, Carlos! I'm really interested in this. In the meanwhile, send me some warm weather. And if you can't do that, a couple bottles of your best Rum will suffice. That should help me stay warm. :wink2:
Jajaja we love to got you here in the never ending summer of the Caribbean !! With a lot of Rum Don Q and Bacardi !!!! About the retrofit I am searching in e bay a lot about those parts and as for the American market finally come I think will be more easy to do !!!

·
22,793 Posts
I had this feature on my 2007 Azera and never used it.......
If there was one item I would really like to have, it's this: the "mirror auto adjust" when selecting the trans. for reverse. My boss's Lexus does this. Both mirrors point downward, offering the driver a nice view when "hugging" an end parking slot alongside a curb. Gives me a bit more room on the other side in an attempt to protect from door dings. Nice feature. Envy you guys that have it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts