Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2011 Limited. I was if anyone here has purchased a 2014 Limited with the Dimension stereo. I believe it has a new color screen. Possibly a touch screen? Does it sound any better than the Dimension from previous years? Wondering if it would play much into a decision to get a 2014.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Sound is very subjective and relative as well. I suggest you just wander to a lot and inspect a new 2014 and see if it meets your needs. To me, my 2011 Limited with Nav audio sounded good enough. Then I got another car and to me the Sonata radio sounds like dooky now.

Go drive one. Its a fun afternoon activity! :D

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2011 Limited. I was if anyone here has purchased a 2014 Limited with the Dimension stereo. I believe it has a new color screen. Possibly a touch screen? Does it sound any better than the Dimension from previous years? Wondering if it would play much into a decision to get a 2014.

thanks!
Have not personally tested a 2014 so this is subjective. Yes the 2014s have color touchscreens (alll) but the upper end units have a bit more wattage just like the 2011 - 2013 models.

However, I have had enough cars (this is my 5th new one and my 7th overall) to tell you that factory audio systems all suck!

Even the high end, Bose/Dimension/Infinity/etc are going to be inferior to what you can get aftermarket. Only high end luxury cars have great systems but look at what you have to pay.

The decision is yours alone whether to get a new Sonata but honestly the 2014 is just a warmed over version of what you already have. Save the $$ for the new model or another model Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Have not personally tested a 2014 so this is subjective. Yes the 2014s have color touchscreens (alll) but the upper end units have a bit more wattage just like the 2011 - 2013 models.

However, I have had enough cars (this is my 5th new one and my 7th overall) to tell you that factory audio systems all suck!

Even the high end, Bose/Dimension/Infinity/etc are going to be inferior to what you can get aftermarket. Only high end luxury cars have great systems but look at what you have to pay.

The decision is yours alone whether to get a new Sonata but honestly the 2014 is just a warmed over version of what you already have. Save the $$ for the new model or another model Hyundai.
I rented a Camry LE with the touchscreen Entune system, and it sounded MUCH better than my Sonata's stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts