Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the September issue of Car and Driver where they are reporting on all the 2014 models, this is what they said about the Sonata:

Sonata: All three trims-GLS, SE, and Limited-get a new grille, rear bumper insert, vehicle-stability management, driver-selectable steering modes, and a one-inch larger nav screen.

There are no pictures shown in the article.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if the new grill is going to look like the Korean version's grill.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see any pictures. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm sure nobody can know this yet but does the new navi display song titles and what not from Pandora? I went to look at 13s today and they do not from Bluetooth via android. I've read that on an iPhone via the Hyundai cable it does but I don't have an iPhone. I'm a little disappointed that my pioneer head unit it my vette displays the song name, album and even album art yet this car didn't. Anyone have any idea if this will be a function of the new navigation setup?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
surprised the '14 isn't released yet - exactly 12 months ago we got into our '13.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing Hyundai is good at is arbitrarily starting and ending model years without much regard for when they do it.

I bought my 2012 in December 2011 and expected the model year to cycle in October 2012. But in their infinite wisdom, Hyundai had 2013's at the dealers in April 2012 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
so the 2013's will get an eighteen/nineteenth month run if the 2014's don't come out until this October. (And there are things like the mid-year wheel redesign for 19 inch wheels).

This makes no sense to me whatsoever.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
One thing Hyundai is good at is arbitrarily starting and ending model years without much regard for when they do it.

I bought my 2012 in December 2011 and expected the model year to cycle in October 2012. But in their infinite wisdom, Hyundai had 2013's at the dealers in April 2012 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
so the 2013's will get an eighteen/nineteenth month run if the 2014's don't come out until this October. (And there are things like the mid-year wheel redesign for 19 inch wheels).

This makes no sense to me whatsoever.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
You should see the production start/stops and changes Hyundai made just to the 2013 Genesis Coupe. I got one of the last of the Parabolica Blue ones which they stopped making mid run.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I'm sure nobody can know this yet but does the new navi display song titles and what not from Pandora? I went to look at 13s today and they do not from Bluetooth via android. I've read that on an iPhone via the Hyundai cable it does but I don't have an iPhone. I'm a little disappointed that my pioneer head unit it my vette displays the song name, album and even album art yet this car didn't. Anyone have any idea if this will be a function of the new navigation setup?

Thanks
Dave
I would guess that this will not happen. Pandora requires an application built into the radio headunit to decode the track info being sent from the phone application. My GF's Terrain does this, but that's because there is a Pandora app built into the radio (she has the IntelliLink headunit). It works nice because it transfers the whole pandora interface to the radio screen. However, make sure on your phone that the "Bluetooth for Automotive" option is checked in your Pandora app. (settings/advanced/Bluetooth for Automotive)

The current Hyundai navigation headunits are just touchscreen GPS recievers with a radio and CD player built into them. They do not have any embedded applications that I know of. I would imagine Hyundai will address this in the '15 model, since it will be a major redesign.

MP3s played over bluetooth should show the information since the BT radio in the phone transmits that info in a standard format that the headunit should be able to understand. Many cars do this but my 2011 radio does not (shows MP3 connected)

The non-nav radio will be new (color touchscreen) for the 14 but not sure about the Navi. So, the features may only be updated on lower end cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts