Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Azera had a few changes (steering, navigation, trim levels) I thought it would be good to start a new Reviews thread for the 2014 model. Here is the first one I have found: Kelley Blue Book

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another review, one I had included under the 2012 Azera Reviews thread. It is not clear if they actually drove the 2014 Azera because they comment that they will have to let us know about the steering later. I don't know if they mean they will have to find out exactly what Hyundai changed, or if they haven't driven a 2014 yet. 2014 Hyundai Azera Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection

·
Registered
472 Posts
Since the Azera had a few changes (steering, navigation, trim levels) I thought it would be good to start a new Reviews thread for the 2014 model. Here is the first one I have found: Kelley Blue Book
Hey Mr. Vivona, when are you going to bite the bullet and buy the Azera. You will get a great deal on a 13 w/ tech package vs a 14. Better rebates and the 14 with the best package has gone up.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hey Mr. Vivona, when are you going to bite the bullet and buy the Azera. You will get a great deal on a 13 w/ tech package vs a 14. Better rebates and the 14 with the best package has gone up.
Nuts to get the 13 at this stage unless they'll give you $6k or so off sticker or you plan to drive it ten years.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering the 2014 Azera Limited without the Premium Package. A pano sunroof and the larger tires are deal killers for me, so I am happy they have the Limited model for 2014 without those options. However, for now all they have are Limited+Premium models at dealers. I am waiting for a response from Hyundai Customer Service as to when they will start shipping Limited w/o Premium models to dealers.

Nuts to get the 13 at this stage unless they'll give you $6k or so off sticker or you plan to drive it ten years.
The best I have seen is $5K off sticker for a 13.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You know, the one thing I don't get with the reviews is when they say the suspension becomes harsh or uncontrolled over bumps. I have the sport package and I think quite the opposite. If I am aggressively cornering and the road gets bumpy, then I notice the suspension becoming a little unsettled. But in straight line driving, I don't see it.

I live in IL where there are more bumps in the road than there are crooked politicians. So it is not like I have smooth sailing.

I get the part about the steering feeling isolated and lacking feel. But after coming off a BMW, that is something that is far over rated in my opinion.

I guess I need to remind myself that I grew up in Detroit during an era where Cadillacs and Lincolns were designed to give you an isolated feeling from the surroundings. So maybe there is a part of me that still likes that.

But the comments on the suspension not being composed over bumps? I don't get it unless you are cornering over bumps somewhat aggressively.

So yes, cornering is more like a luxury sedan than a sport sedan. I'm good with that.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am considering the 2014 Azera Limited without the Premium Package. A pano sunroof and the larger tires are deal killers for me, so I am happy they have the Limited model for 2014 without those options. However, for now all they have are Limited+Premium models at dealers. I am waiting for a response from Hyundai Customer Service as to when they will start shipping Limited w/o Premium models to dealers.

The best I have seen is $5K off sticker for a 13.
See, I like the larger tires but could have done without the pano roof. Based on your details you sound like someone who keeps a car for many years and if so than I would buy the 13. 5K off plus the 14's base price going up makes sense. They are virtually the same car. Put them next to each other and no one will know the difference except you and your registration.

Good luck either way!

·
Registered
550 Posts
For the heck of it I priced out a 2014 Azera with the premium package today and the cost was less than my 2013 with the Tech package. My sticker was $37,500 and the price I found today on the website was $35,900

Thought that was strange. Will look at it again tonight.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
For the heck of it I priced out a 2014 Azera with the premium package today and the cost was less than my 2013 with the Tech package. My sticker was $37,500 and the price I found today on the website was $35,900

Thought that was strange. Will look at it again tonight.
Doesn't sound right. Closer to $38k.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The MSRP for a 2014 Azera Limited is $35,645. Premium Pkg adds $2150 for a total of $37,795.

MSRP on my 2013 Azera was $33,145. Tech Pkg added $4000 for a total of $37,145.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A 2014 Azera Limited with Premium Pkg, with an MSRP of 37,990 ($37,645 plus $195 in added floor mats, etc.), goes for $35,155 at my dealer before any rebates or incentives. That is consistent with the TrueCar Dealer Price.

·
Registered
550 Posts
So really the sticker price depending on where you live went down. I looked at this four times and the 2014 with the floor mats is less than the 2013 Azera. I had a $750 dollar customer discount since I bought a Hyundai before and a $1700 rebate. The rebate is not on the 2014 yet but I bet by May or June it might be again. Not much wiggle room on the retail after discounts minus dealer cost on this particular model.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 2013 Azera +Tech had an MSRP of $36,250 plus $895 delivery, or a total MSRP of $37,145. Based on the HyundaiUSA website for my zip code, the 2014 Azera Limited + Premium has an MSRP of $36,900, plus $895 delivery, or a total MSRP of $37,795. So, the 2014 costs $650 more, but for that you get the addition of a driver side blind spot mirror, upgraded nav system, electroluminescent gauge cluster and power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 2013 Azera +Tech had an MSRP of $36,250 plus $895 delivery, or a total MSRP of $37,145. Based on the HyundaiUSA website for my zip code, the 2014 Azera Limited + Premium has an MSRP of $36,900, plus $895 delivery, or a total MSRP of $37,795. So, the 2014 costs $650 more, but for that you get the addition of a driver side blind spot mirror, upgraded nav system, electroluminescent gauge cluster and power folding mirrors.
The inproovements worth it !!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts