Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been dealing with annoying rattle for a year now. Rattles constantly when unoccupied.In and out of dealer service department. A Hyundai field service engineer inspected the seat and determined the internal hinge bracket cover is the cause of the rattle. Per Hyundai, the part has been discontinued and there is nothing they can do to fix it. Hyundai Consumer Affairs actually told me to contact the Auto Line Better Business Bureau. So I did. Waiting on a response, likely headed to arbitration. Anyone who has this issue and your car is still under warranty and Hyundai has failed to repair, Please file a complaint with the Auto Line BBB as there are hundreds of posts about Hyundai's rattling seats, yet no complaints filed against them so nothing ever gets done.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Take seat apart and MIG or TIG offending part ??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have or had the same problem as you. I say had cause i don't hear it anymore. The last time i had it was before winter. Unfortunately i'm out of warranty so i didn't bother asking the dealership. I was planning to make some time one of these days and open up that area of the seat. If what they told you is the real problem of this, i don't think it should be a hard repair. Also it would be nice if they give you a part number for the faulty part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts